Are you addicted to the flavor of low n slow barbecue, but you don’t have enough time to manage the pit? Then, all you need is this magical grill – The Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22.
This pellet grill promises to cook food with the distinct smoke flavor you and your family love. Here is the most exciting part; you don’t have to keep watching your food like you would when cooking with charcoal or wood. Also, over time, this model saves money and leaves a lesser carbon footprint than most of its competitors.
Generally, the Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 is an efficient pellet grill that comes with an affordable price tag. In this post, we shall explain everything you need to know about it and how it performs.
An Overview Review of the Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22
The 418 square inches of cooking area on this pellet barbecue is enough. Therefore, it is perfect for grilling up to 4 chickens at once. The smoker is 98 lbs., 42 inches wide, and 49 inches high.
You must purchase individual items like as coverings, pellets, insulating pellets, and additional shelves.
This appliance will win your heart since it has six various cooking modes, including smoking, baking, grilling, barbecuing, braising, and roasting. This means that the appliance may cook at a high or low temperature. You have a choice!
- 418 square inches cooking area
- 19 inches by 22 inches grilling surface dimensions
- Automatic start electronic ignition
- Powered by 100 percent hardwood pellets
- Temp control settings
- Hopper capacity of 18lbs
- Digital control temperature regulator
- Strong 2 legs with locking casters
We had a thorough examination of this unit. Even though it lives up to the hype surrounding it, it has both pros and cons. We’ve explained them below.
- A versatile unit that allows you to sear, smoke, bake, braise, roast, or grill perfectly.
- Its heat deflectors distribute heat evenly from side to side and from top to bottom
- Heavy-duty wheels for easy movement
- It is a conveniently sized grill. Even though it is compact and can fit in a smaller yard, there is still an adequate cooking area under the lid.
- Easy to set up and use
- It doesn’t have finer details like high-quality grill coating
- If it’s during the cold season and you decide to grill when the outside world is 30°F, you’ll need to buy an insulation blanket, or else you’ll struggle to reach the temperature level ideal for grilling your meal.
- Note that these smokers must be connected to an electricity source to work. Therefore, ensure you have an outlet in the place you want to set up the grill. Let’s remind you, this is not a smoker model you can rely on when having a camping trip.
Its Outstanding Features
Ease of Use
When you’re new to chargrilling, the vision of grasping a dozen skills at once can be overwhelming. Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 is a versatile and easy-to-use grill that offers the best way to get started, as you experiment.
Generally, this is a drawcard pellet grill due to its ease of use. You only need to load the pellets, set the right temp, put in the food, and take a rest. You may also enjoy a drink or spend quality time with your guests as you await your food to get ready.
The Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 smoker uses an auto-electric start ignition for switching on and off. This makes your grilling experience a breeze.
Maybe you are not interested in technical details or the science of thermodynamics, but you only want to prepare a tasty barbeque. Then investing in a pellet cooker is a smart move.
Same to what we’ve mentioned above, when using the pellet grill, fiddling with the vents and airflow won’t be necessary. Also, you won’t have to struggle to light the charcoal or intensely monitor the temp. Therefore, you’ll still cook a great meal even without standing beside the grill.
To spice up your meals, you can source pellets made from various kinds of wood and experiment with the numerous sauces and rubs available online.
Traeger has many years of combined experience manufacturing efficient pellet grills, and consequently, they have built a solid reputation. Perhaps, they are the leading pellet smoker maker in the USA.
However, consumers have recently raised concerns about Traeger’s production quality level, particularly on the low-priced models. Here is what you need to know about the quality build of this product.
Provided you use the insulated cover and always make sure the grill is protected from rain, it will last for many years. You also need to clean the hopper and auger frequently.
Besides, the Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 is made from steel and has a hard-wearing powder coat finish. It also features porcelain grates. These materials are known to be durable and resilient to wear and tear caused by weather elements.
Even though Traeger is a US-based company, this model is produced in China. The company is well recognized for offering excellent customer support services, which is a vital consideration when buying a grill.
Alternative Pellet Smoker to Consider
Note that not all companies in the market are worth considering when you want to buy your preferred pellet smoker. Let’s look at the best pellet smoker that can replace the Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 Wood Pellet Grill.
Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 24-Inch
If you’re looking for a larger cooker and do not want to surpass the $1000 price mark, then you should consider CampChef Woodwind 24.
While CampChef Woodwind 24 is a bit more costly than the Traeger Lil Tex 22, it offers considerably more cooking area, as it comes with 811 square inches.
The smoker has decent quality, is easy to use, and offers great value for your cash.
According to us, the greatest benefit of the CampChef Woodwind grill is that it provides a sear box. Same as the Traeger Lil Tex, this grill will reach a temp of about 500°F in the main cooking space. Therefore, an extra sear box will allow you to roast even in soaring heat comfortably.
Head-to-Head Comparison of Traeger Lil Tex Elite and CampChef Woodwind
Let’s look at how the two pellet smokers compare.
Traeger Lil Tex 22
- It has a cooking surface of 418 square inches
- Compact and lightweight design
- The unit has Impressive accessories like an insulation cover used during cold days and a fold-down bench for additional preparation area. However, these are bought independently.
- It comes with an integrated digital elite regulator that helps in controlling the temp in 20°F increments.
CampChef Woodwind 24
- CampChef Woodwind is a heavier, bigger model that features nearly double the cooking area of Lil Tex, having a cooking surface of 811 sq in.
- It comes with a built-in sear box, which makes it an ideal unit for outdoor grilling.
- The grill has the same style of temp regulation system as Lil Tex, capable of adjusting the temp in 25°F increments.
- While the two models are built well, the quality seems not to be up to the level you could anticipate from high-end and expensive units.
- If you will be cooking for a large group every time or want a grill with searing capabilities, we recommend the CampChef Woodwind 22.
Mastering all the techniques and skills required to cook up a great barbecue is a worthwhile hobby. However, most people have limited time and lack patience.
If you are one of them, but you still want to prepare some legendary barbecues during weekends, then buying the Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 is a worthwhile investment.
The unit is compact and light but has adequate room underneath the lid to cook for large groups. It provides a set-and-forget cooking experience, meaning you will not have to monitor the grill every time the ribs cook. The grill’s price reflects the unit’s quality level. This is reasonable if you are a newbie in grilling.