We have been fans of ice makers for years and have tested numerous machines. Finally, we were able to come up with our ultimate list of countertop ice makers.
Our overall favorite this year is the Costway ice maker, but we have included machines of all prices, sizes, and capacities to suit just about any need.
Read on to find out more about what we liked about these nifty devices so that you can choose the one which is the most suitable for you.
The countertop ice maker from Costway is our top choice for this category. The machine is portable and very compact, which makes it perfect for home use, for RVs, parties, or just about anywhere. Its size is just 9.5 x 14 x 12.9 inches, and it weighs 17.5 lbs.
The portable ice-making machine comes in a variety of colors, including white, red, silver, black, and mint green.
It has a nifty window that will allow you to check out the ice levels.
The machine can work continuously for 24 hours and makes up to 26 lbs. of ice for that period of time.
Its ice cube basket has a capacity of 1.5 lbs., so you can make ice for an upcoming gathering ahead of time without using up your freezer space.
If you get unexpected guests, don’t worry about serving them cold drinks because with this ice maker, you can make a full batch of ice in just about 8 minutes. You will get an ice scoop to get the ice out without hassle.
The ice making unit is very easy to use, and it will alert you when the water level in the tank is low. It operates quietly thanks to its low noise compressor cooling system.
Overall, this reasonably priced ice-making machine is the perfect appliance for any home.
This machine can make a whopping 88 lbs. of ice per day, all in 12 to 18-minute cycles. All-day long without stopping.
The size of the crystal clear ice cubes is 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches, and you can control its thickness depending on your needs.
The machine will alert you when the water level is getting too low or when the ice bucket is full. Once the storage is full of ice, the machine will automatically stop making ice and will switch to ice preservation mode to keep the ice for you until you empty the bucket. Once you remove it, the ice-making process will start over again.
This machine is a commercial range and is perfect for small stores, cafes, restaurants, hotels, or other premises.
The installation of the Costway ice maker is fairly simple, you just need to install its pipe. Once you are done, you can set the settings via the user-friendly control panel. You can see the status of the ice-making process on the large display of the unit.
It has an automatic cleaning function and operates pretty quietly, so you can leave it on at night too.
The dimensions of the unit are 13.5 x 13 x 23.5 inches, its e weight is 40 lbs. and it has a freestanding design, so you can place it just about anywhere. The ice maker comes with everything you will need to set it up and use it – a water line, a water drainage pipe, a quick-connect filter, and an ice scoop.
This is an excellent large-capacity ice-making machine that you can use for any type of customer service or even at home.
It is not overpriced, it is easy to use, and has an automatic overflow function, so you can leave it on to make ice all day and all night long without worries.
Best budget-friendly choice
- Very compact with a small footprint (15 x 14 x 11 inches, 19.6 lbs.)
- Can make up to 26 lbs. of ice for 24 hours
- The reservoir has a capacity of 2.3 quarts
- You get to choose whether you want small or large ice cubes
- Each ice making cycle is 15 minutes
- The unit is very easy to set and monitor
- No installation is required
- Very inexpensive machine
And here are our other top picks for the year
The machine can make a batch of ice in less than 15 minutes and comes with an ice bucket with a 2.4 lbs. capacity to keep the ice.
You can pick among three sizes of ice cubes to make – small, medium, and large in the machine.
The water tank can hold 2.2L of water and the unit is very easy and intuitive to use. You can program the Sentern ice maker to make ice automatically for you as well, which will save you the hassle of having to watch over it and turn it on and off after every batch.
The compact machine is just 11.2 x 14.4 x 13.8 inches and is suitable even for the smallest kitchens or other spaces. You can take it with you on road trips and picnics as well.
The overall capacity of ice making per day is 48 lbs. and you can monitor how the process is going through the window panel of the device.
We love how easy it is to use, how eco-friendly and durable this machine is, as well as the fact that it is small, made of stainless steel, and is reasonably priced.
- It can make up to 88 lbs. of ice every 24 hours
- The ice making cycle is 12-18 minutes
- The ice storage capacity is 44 lbs. of ice
- The ice cube size is 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches, and its thickness can be adjusted from thin, medium, and thick
- Fitted with Nano-antibacterial liner as well as a dry filter to keep the bacteria in control and to make safe ice
- The temperature-controlled cooling system is energy-saving and eco-friendly as the fab stops rotating as soon as the temperature drops lower than 69.8 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a powerful SECOP compressor which cools the temperature very quickly
- You can program the machine to start making ice automatically in up to 5 hours.
- It has an auto-cleaning function which can be switched on with a button
- Made of sturdy stainless steel
- Perfect for stores, hotels, restaurants, and bars
- The size of the machine is 20 x 16 x 33 inches
- Makes a batch of 9 hollow bullet-shaped ice cubes in 7 to 13 minutes
- Offers the option to choose the size of the ice cubes
- The reservoir is 68.3oz
- The machine can make 26.4 lbs. or 1600 ice cubes of ice every 24 hours
- The see-through panel on top will allow you to monitor the process
- Very compact size of 12.6 x 12.3 x 8,7 inches, and a weight of 18.75 lbs.
- It shuts off automatically when the water level is low or when the ice basket is full.
- Comes with an ice scoop and a detachable ice basket
- Available in an eye-catching turquoise color
- Sold with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a 24-month warranty
Related article: Top 5 Ice Cube Trays
- It is compact and portable with a size of 13.25 x 9.25 x 12.5 inches and 22 lbs.
- The ice-making capacity is 26 lbs. per 24 hours
- The machine can make p pcs of ice for 6 minutes
- You can choose between two ice cube sizes
- Made of durable and beautiful stainless steel
- A removable tray makes scooping the ice out of the machine a breeze
- It comes with an ice scoop
- The storage bin is insulated to preserve the ice for as long as possible
- You can monitor the process via the window panel
- It is available in black, red, white, or stainless steel colors
- Any unused ice will melt back into the water reservoir for a perfect water recycling system
- You can use it to make smoothies, ice coffee, and others
- Very easy to set and control
- Available at an affordable price
We all know just how annoying it is to run out of ice when you are hosting a party, want to enjoy a cool drink, or are planning on going outdoors and want to fill up the cooler.
You can save a lot of time, effort, and money with a good-quality ice maker. Most of these machines are programmable, so you leave them to do their job even when you are out or sleeping. We have picked machines that will alert you or automatically stop when the water level is low or when the ice bucket is full, so you don’t have to worry about that either.
We selected our top favorites for 2022, which include small and portable ice-making machines, as well as larger freestanding units which can be used for commercial purposes as well.
With a machine that makes perfect batches of ice, you can rest assured that you will never have to deal with ice trays or have to run to the store for ice.
Good luck with your choice, and enjoy the convenience and benefit of having your own ice-making machine at home!