Olive Garden breadsticks are a super delicious accompaniment that can be served alongside any soup or stew of your choice. Their buttery and melt-in-your-mouth flavor make them a favorite in many households.
However, when they grow cold, dry, and hard, they may not be as delicious. To solve this, you can reheat them using various appliances in your kitchen. These include an oven, microwave, toaster oven, and Air fryer.
Reheating in the Oven
It’s best to save the Olive Garden breadsticks’ original packaging while utilizing this procedure. During the warming process, it will assist in holding the breadsticks. You can use foil in its place if you’ve already thrown it away or if your breadsticks are handmade.
Here’s how to go about the reheating process.
- Preheat your oven to about 170 degrees Celsius
- Place your covered breadsticks in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes
- Check to see if they are nicely warm and soft.
- If they are, take them out and serve. If not, you can reheat them for an extra 2 minutes.
Reheating in the Microwave
A microwave may not reheat your breadsticks impressively as an oven does, but it will still get the job done.
- Remove the original packaging of your breadsticks as it is not microwave-friendly.
- Instead, use a paper towel to wrap your breadsticks. You will need two layers of paper towels. The first layer, which will be directly in contact with your breadsticks, should be moist. This will help retain the moisture of your food during reheating. You should then wrap it with a dry second layer and ensure your breadsticks are fully covered.
- Place them in the microwave and cook on medium heat for about 45-60 seconds.
- Take your breadsticks out and serve.
Reheating in the Toaster Oven
Some people prefer a toaster oven rather than an oven as it is more energy-efficient and tends to preheat rather quickly. If you own one of these, you can use it to reheat your Olive Garden breadsticks using the same process as that of an oven. However, it may take some more time to reheat your breadsticks.
How to Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in Airfryer?
Reheating breadsticks in an Air fryer is fast and enables them to repossess their original delicious.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Put up to 4 breadsticks in the air fryer’s basket
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 160 degrees Celsius
- Air fry your breadsticks for around 60 seconds.
- Take them out and serve
1. Can I freeze Olive Garden breadsticks?
Yes, you can. However, it is not advisable because they will not be as soft and tender when reheated.
Regardless, it is a safe and long-term preservation method, since your breadsticks will be safe for consumption for up to 4 months.
2. How to store leftover breadsticks?
To preserve your leftover breadsticks you can either, store them at room temperature, refrigerate them or freeze them.
At Room Temperature
Olive Garden bread-sticks can last up to 4 days at, normal room temperature when properly stored. You only need to wrap them in foil and preserve them in a cool and dry place.
In the Fridge
Usually, it is not advisable to refrigerate Olive Garden breadsticks. This is because they tend to dry or get stale quicker than when preserved at room temperature. However, if for whatever reason you have to refrigerate them, ensure to wrap them up in foil and consume them within 3 days. Otherwise, they will go stale.
Also, when you take them out of the fridge ensure to immediately reheat them and consume them, preferably within two hours. This will prevent the multiplication of bacteria.
In the Freezer
Tightly wrap your breadsticks in aluminum foil or place them in a heavy-duty freezer bag. You should then put it in the freezer. As mentioned above, ensure to take them within 4 months.
Note that, once you take your breadsticks out of the freezer and reheat them, it is not advisable to put them back in the freezer. Contrarily, you may encourage the growth of bacteria, putting your health at risk
3. How do you keep breadsticks warm longer?
Suppose your breadsticks are still warm but it is not yet time for your meal, and you do not have access to any of the appliances mentioned above. Well, you can wrap them in foil, then wrap them with at least two layers of paper towels or a dry cloth. You can then leave them at room temperature. This should keep your breadsticks reasonably warm for a few hours before you are ready to feast on them.
As leftovers, Olive Garden Breadsticks tend to be cold, dry, and hard – thus losing their original goodness. To get their magic back you need to apply the right reheating techniques. Highlighted above are suitable reheating methods using basic implements in your kitchen.