You may think processing food manually is retro, but the truth is, a good quality food mill like the Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker by Victorio will allow you to make the best tasting, seedless sauce or puree with minimal waste of the precious produce.
There are multiple benefits of owning a food mill, which we have elaborated on at the end of this post.
Read on to find out which the right food mills are for 2022 and why everyone should have a utensil like this in their kitchen!
Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker by VICTORIO VKP250
We love how versatile this VKP250 Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker by Victorio Kitchen Products is!
It is one of the classic food mills, which has been used generation after generation for over 80 years now.
The superb quality food mill is easy to attach to a table or countertop with a thickness of up to 2 inches, with a strong clamp that will keep the device in place no matter how hard you are working on making the perfect tomato sauce or apple sauce.
It is designed to preserve and process as much of the product with minimal waste. So all the delicious and healthy nutrients will remain in the bowl rather than in the waste bin when you are done with the straining.
The strainer will only remove the unwanted skin, stems, and seeds of the fruits you are processing.
The VKP250 has a large hopper and food pusher, so you can prepare your sauce or puree faster and easier.
The opportunities to upgrade this food mill are endless. You can buy a no-crank VKP250-M electric motor which is easy to install and will help you process the food faster and without tiring your hands.
You can also purchase additional salsa, pumpkin or berry screens, or the special grape spiral or the entire accessories pack, to make all different types of purees, jams, juices, and salsa. The delicious products can be made without the exhausting and time-consuming coring and peeling of each fruit.
The Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker come with a king spiral, an apple and tomato screen, and a complete instruction manual.
The entire mill is made of sturdy cast aluminum, and the screens are incredibly easy to install and disassemble for ease of use and cleaning.
Its size is 12 x 8.5 x 20 inches, and it weighs 4.3 lbs.
The strainer is sold with a 1-year warranty.
Overall, this is definitely the finest food mill available in 2022 for this price, and you will appreciate every cent spent when you buy this excellent kitchen accessory.
OXO Good Grips Food Mill (1071478)
The OXO Good Grips 1071478 Food Mill is our next choice for the best food mill for 2022 for a number of reasons.
It is a perfect kitchen tool to have if you want to prepare high-quality smooth purees, potato mash, tomato sauce, vegetable soups, and your own healthy baby food at home.
With this stain-resistant, stainless steel interior, you don’t have to worry about the food products tinting the bowl, or for any harmful substances getting attached to the food you are making.
It is completely sanitary and very easy to keep clean.
The food mill works well both with hot and cold foods.
It is sold with three different grinding disks, so you can choose whether the end product will be coarse, medium, or fine in texture.
The good news is that it is easy to use, and after you are done, it is easy to store too, so you don’t have to sacrifice precious kitchen space for the mill. The bowl is 11 inches in diameter, and there is an easy-to-use quick-release button to remove and replace the grinding disks without hassle.
The stainless steel bowl will preserve the temperature of the food and sits on four foldable and non-slip legs, which will keep it in place as you are grinding.
All parts of this wonderful food mill are dishwasher safe.
The size of the unit is 14.8 x 7.2 x 10.2 inches, and it weighs 2.2 lbs.
It is sold with a repair or replacement guarantee by OXO at a very reasonable price.
We strongly recommend this versatile, easy-to-use and store food mill for anybody who wants the high-rated for themselves and for their families.
Weston Stainless Steel Food Mill (61-0101-W), 2 Quart
If you really need a food mill but are not prepared to spend hundreds of dollars on one, we suggest you take a closer look at the Weston 61-0101-W Stainless Steel Food Mill.
It will cost you around $20, but it can do what the high-end premium food mills can too.
The reasonably priced food mill is made of durable stainless steel, and its bowl has a capacity of 2 quarts.
The mill comes with three different milling disks – fine, medium, and coarse. The disks keep the skin, pulp, and seeds from slipping through to the delicious puree, sauce, soup, jelly, juice, or mash you are making. In the end, you end up with all of the delicious meat, and none of the unwanted peels or seeds. It is an excellent tool to make the maximum out of the veggies and fruits you are grinding with minimum waste.
The mill is dishwasher safe and is easy to clean and keep sanitary.
The size of the device is 8.8 x 16.8 x 6.8 inches and it weighs 2 lbs.
It does require some assembly, but for the price – this is the best food mill you can currently find on the market!
The rest of the best
FortheChef’s 2 Qt. Stainless Steel Food Mill with 3 Graters, 9″ Diameter
This stainless steel food mill comes with three different grater discs, so you can make a beautiful portion of mashed potatoes, as well as a fine juice or a puree for your baby with it.
- The set includes 3 different blades for fine, medium, and coarse milling
- Made of food-grade 18-8 stainless steel with a stainless steel mirror finish
- The capacity of the bowl is 2 quarts
- The dimensions of the mill are 7.02 x 9.21 x 15.42 inches
- It is completely dishwasher safe for easy cleaning up
- The fine and the medium blades will catch all tomato seeds, skin, and pulp
- You can use the coarse blade for preparing hash browns and for mashing root veggies
- The pot rest comes with extended legs which can fit on pots or bowls from 6 1/8 to 9 7/16 inches in diameter
- A very sturdy and useful tool that every kitchen needs
- It weighs 2.57 lbs.
J.B. Prince U530 ST S/S Large 14″ French Food Mill
This premium quality food mill is a high-end, sturdy and elegant kitchen utensil that will serve you for life.
- Suitable for both home and for professional kitchen use
- A large 8 quarts capacity to make large portions fast and easy
- Excellent for grinding grains and making sauces, purees, apple butter, and hundreds of more recipes
- Made of top quality stainless steel
- The mill can process more than 10 lbs. of food products per minute
- It comes with a sieve with 3mm holes
- The top is 14 inches in diameter
- The dimensions of the unit are 16 x 9.5 x 8 inches
- It weighs 7.25 lbs.
Country Living Hand Grain Mill
This powerful food mill by Country Living is a superb choice if you need to grind beans, rice, corn, wheat or other products easily and efficiently.
- Made of extremely durable cast aircraft aluminum
- It has a powder coating that is food grade and FDA approved
- The grade ball bearings are double sealed
- The mill has a comfortable cast iron V-groove flywheel
- The steel grinding plates are made of high carbon steel
- The mill can be adjusted for all kinds of products from cracked grain to fine cake flour
- The mill is made in the USA
- Sold with a lifetime guarantee
- It weighs 21 lbs.
Stainless Steel Food Mill FLOTTE LOTTE by GEFU
With the Flotte Lotte Steel Food Mill by Gefu, making a puree or sauce has never been easier or faster. It is an excellent option for making baby food, and for preparing sauces, soups, jams and all kinds of delicious recipes in the comfort of your home.
- It has a vertical plate that keeps the food in place during the milling, which makes the process much faster and easier
- The unit comes with 2 replaceable perforated grating discs (2 and 3mm)
- Made of 18./10 stainless steel
- The pulp scraper gets rid of the built-up pulp while you are making a puree so you don’t need to scrape it manually as you are using it
- The grate will remove tiny seeds, skins, pulp, and cores from just about any fruit or veggie
- The dimensions of the food mill are 7.5 x 8 x 15.5 inches
- It weighs 14.1-oz
- All parts are removable and can be washed in a dishwasher
Mirro 50024 Foley Stainless Steel Healthy Food Mill Cookware
The Mirro 50024 Foley food mill is a must-have utensil if you want to prepare healthy foods for your baby and for the entire family.
- Excellent for straining, ricing, mashing, and grating
- A perfect option for those of you who want to prepare your own natural baby foods at home
- Made of durable and safe stainless steel
- Sold in 2 quarts and 3.5-quart versions
- The 2-quart version is 13.9 x 8.4 x 18.6 inches in size and weighs 1.8 lbs.
- The 3.5-quart version is 16.4 x 10 x 21.2 inches in size and weighs 2.08 lbs.
- Easy to use and easy to clean
KitchenAid FVSFGA Fruit & Vegetable Strainer Set with Food Grinder Attachment
If you already have a KitchenAid stand mixer and want an excellent food grinder and veggie strainer, then this attachment is definitely for you!
- It is powered by and fits all KitchenAid stand mixers
- The food grinder has a fine plate for processing meats and a coarse plate for processing firm cheeses and vegetables
- It has a fruit and vegetable strainer for purees or for juices
- Includes both a grinder and a strainer
- Great for making homemade sauces, jams, and chutneys
- Easy to assemble
- It can grind bread crumbs, dried fruits, vegetables, and cheeses
- Easy grinding and straining without any manual labor involved
- The strainer comes with a strainer cone, a tray, a splash shield, and a shaft
- The grinder comes with all accessories you need to grind firm veggies and fruits
- Suitable for freezer jams, baby food, tomato sauce, grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese, making salsas and bread crumbs
- The dimensions of the attachment are 4 x 9.5 x 13 inches
- It weighs 3 lbs.
Related content: The Best Stand Mixers in 2022
Cuisipro Deluxe Food Mill
The Cuisipro Deluxe Food Mill is sold with an amazing 25-year warranty and will allow you to make the best tasting all-natural sauces, purees, and other foods easily and quickly.
- The bowl fits on top of the bowl or pot for a clean and tidy cooking experience.
- It is sold with three interchangeable discs with 2,3, and 4mm holes.
- The bowl is made of 18/10 stainless steel and has non-slip handles for a mess-free and hassle-free food preparation experience.
- The comfortable large knob will allow you to make the finest puree.
- The mill has a plastic scraper on the bottom, which allows for pushing the ready puree in a bowl underneath it automatically as you turn the knob.
- It is easy to disassemble and clean.
- The dimensions of the device are 17 x 9 x 10 inches, and it weighs 6.4-oz.
- Sold with a 25-year warranty
Westmark 11712260 Schnitzel Mouli Rotary Grater, One Size, Gray
This food mill is engineering with precision in Germany and is among the best food mills sold at an amazingly inexpensive price.
- Comes with 3 top quality stainless steel blade disks
- The base is made of sturdy ABS
- The three suction feet will keep the mill in place no matter how hard you are pushing it
- The food mill can easily be folded for easy storage
- It comes ready to use
- The three drums are for coarse grating, fine grating, and for slicing veggies and cheese
- The ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Sold at a very reasonable price and with a 5-year warranty
- Engineered and made in Germany
- The dimensions of the unit are 10.2 x 7.1 x 3.9 inches
- It weighs just 1.15 lbs.
Why buy a food mill
In the age of technological advancement and automation, you may be wondering why you should buy a food mill which seems so retro? After all, most good-quality food mills do require manual turning of the grinding or sieving knob.
But there are many reasons why more people are turning to use these seemingly old-fashioned kitchen utensils over the latest automatic food processors.
One of the main reasons is that you don’t need to push the blended food through a sieve after it has been processed.
Also, you don’t need to remove the skin from the vegetables, fruits, and beans in order to make puree, sauce, or anything else with a food mill. It will remove them themselves while you are working on the food.
No doubt this can save a lot of time and effort, especially if you are making large quantities of sauce, puree, jams, chutneys, or other food for consumption or for conservation.
All of the skins, seeds, cores and other debris are left on the top of the grinding plate, and all the nutritional and healthy, and delicious parts of the fruits or veggies you are processing will end up in the pot with the ready product. This means – minimal waste, and a lot of time saved for manually peeling and coring the produce.
And the end result will be a much finer and liquefied texture of the sauce or puree than you would achieve with blender and food processor.
Most food mills allow for processing both hot and cold foods which is a huge advantage too.
Plus, food mills are easy to take apart and wash, unlike the huge food processors.
And they are much cheaper and more durable because they do not have any electronic parts which can go faulty.
Most food mills can be set on top of a bowl or pot directly so that the food you process gets sieved inside it directly without the need to press it or pour it, which is a much tidier experience.
Once you are done, you can disassemble or fold most of them, and store them away easily, unlike a bulky food processor which takes up so much space.
Food mills are pretty straightforward utensils to use, so even if you are not tech-savvy, you can enjoy making superb tomato sauce, purees, baby food, mash potatoes, and a number of delicious recipes without even having to press a single button.
Last but not least, many of the best food processors have large capacities and can be used continuously for processing a large number of foods which is perfect for those of you who like to make and conserve produce for the winter.