Have you ever heard of London broil? For people who are not experts in cooking, London broil can be confusing because it refers to the method that is used in preparing the beef, not a piece of beef.
It is a boneless cut of meat that is really juicy, and many people love it.
Cook London Broil In Oven Without Broiler Pan
London Broil Without Broiler Pan, Sounds Impossible?
Do you yearn for a special dinner?
Perhaps something similar to London Broil?
But all of a sudden, you remember that you are missing a broiler pan.
Do not lose faith since you may succeed as if you were a chief by using a few basic tactics and everyday components.
However, a few years ago, I ran into a challenge.
I wanted to throw my spouse a surprise meal on our anniversary. I chose to prepare a London broil because he loves it so much.
I got caught up in the commotion and forgot that I don’t have a broiler pan. I made an emergency call to my cousin and asked her if she could share some tips on how to make London Broil without a broiler pan.
Since then, I’ve been making it, and it’s quite easy to make.
My spouse actually enjoys London broil prepared without a broiler pan.
I wanted to share this method with you since I was having this issue, and if you appreciate London broil even a little bit as much as my husband loves it, you will like it.
What Do You Need?
The tools that you need are not really hard to find, just seek them in your kitchen, and you will find them for sure.
In my case, I used the next cooking utensils:
- Metal or plastic meat tongs
- Meat temperature probe
- Paper towels
- A regular pan
- Oven grill rack
Find The Right Seasoning For Your Taste
- Of course, you will need something to season the meat. Decide how much of every seasoning you will add, depending on your taste.
- Personally, I added these three, but of course, you can add whatever you prefer. I used flaked salt, crushed black paper, and medium-size steak.
5 Easy Steps To Cook London Broil In Oven
In present times, when anybody even mentioned London Broil steak, I imagined myself standing in the kitchen for hours and buying ingredients that I do not have, and it was always easier to go to the restaurant and buy one.
But my grandma showed me that I was wrong.
As I said, you will have a tasty and juicy steak in a combination of a few techniques and standard tools and a little bit of time.
These few steps will get you to your finish line:
1. Preheat Your Oven
- So the starting position is to preheat your oven and frying pan. When you do this, it gives you time to prepare and season your steak. My advice is that your frying pan should be set on medium-high heat and your oven on broil.
2. Adding Seasonings
- Put pepper and salt and add any other seasoning that you prefer. Season the steak on both sides. I would recommend using more seasoning that you would use if you were, for example, cooking on a grill. Some people recommend adding spicy seasonings like curry powder because it gives a different flavor. But the final decision is on you.
3. Prepare Your Pan
- The next step is putting oil in a pan. I put a tablespoon of oil in the pan and let it heat.
- If you are not sure if your oil is heated enough, here is a little trick: Water your fingers and flick a small amount of water into the oil. If it is heated enough, the drops of water will start to bubble and make noise on impact.
Related article: How To Use Gotham Steel Pans
4. Put The Steak In The Pan
- When you checked that your oil is ready, make sure that your oil is covering the whole bottom surface of your pan. Put your steak in the pan and sear it for a while on both sides.
- After that, you should put the pan that you used to sear your steak in your oven. You need to put it within a few inches of your boiler heating elements.
Why like this, you may ask?
This is just to make sure that the same temperature is hitting your steak across your cooking surface, and it also reduces the time that is necessary to cook your meat.
My husband prefers his steak medium-rare, so I will guide you on how long the process takes to get a medium-rare London Broil:
- The grilling time should be 4 to 5 minutes per side, the sear time should be 5 to 6 minutes per side, and the recommended broil time would be 6 to 7 minutes per side.
If you would like your London Broil well done or rare, you should just adjust the cooking time and temperature.
Related: Most recommended grill pans
5. Remove Your Steak When It’s Done And Make A Pan Sauce
If you are not sure if your steak is done, you should use a meat temperature probe. Remove your steak according to your decision on how you would like it to be cooked.
- If you want your steak to be rare, you need to cook it at 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The center is warm red for medium-rare, and you should cook it until it reaches 135 Fahrenheit.
- For medium, the center is a warm pink, and the temperature should reach 145 F.
- Medium-well steak has a slightly pink center, and the temperature should not go over 150 F.
- If you prefer a well-done steak, the center should be a little pink or not pink at all, and you should let the temperature go up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
After you remove your steak from the pan, don’t throw the oil away. You can use it and make a great and simple pan sauce. I added one-half cup of white wine, but you can add beer or chicken stock.
Next, I added a tablespoon of butter and I added garlic powder. Mix all these ingredients with leftover brown meat pieces. And that’s the magic.
My cousin saved this dish that I would probably ruin without these tips:
The best way to get a good sear is not to put too much oil in the frying pan because it can cause a lower pan temperature.
Also, the most important thing is to avoid overcooking because overcooking makes the steak dry.
Amaze your loved ones not only with taste but with the look too.
You May Need: Top-Quality Steak Knives
Since we have our steak and sauce ready, it is logical that we want to serve it nicely and present it to our loved ones. In this part, you can be as creative as you want and let your imagination guide you.
Almost every time I try to make a different order or make some decoration with the sauce.
You can also add all kinds of salads depending on what you like, and you can also use the salads to decorate and make your plate look even more presentable.
Hopefully, mine (or better to say, my cousin’s) tricks will help you make a splendid dish. I hope you will try it, and I would also like you to share your experiences with this recipe.
And if you have some ideas about how to improve it, I would definitely like to hear them.
Bon Appetit! 😉
Read more: Cleaners for Ovens Reviewed in 2022