Vertical pellet smokers have small footprints, which make them excellent options for people who want to have a pellet smoker but do not have enough space to fit a traditional horizontal one.
The vertical pellet smokers also offer better airflow and have larger cooking space than the horizontal ones. At the same time, they feature the same advantages as the regular horizontal pellet smokers, such as ease of use, fuel efficiency, stable temperature control, and the amazing wood-smoked taste of the foods prepared.
If you are looking for the perfect vertical pellet smoker for your budget, available space, and preferences, then read on to find out which are the best vertical smokers for 2022.
This vertical 5.5 pellet smoker by Pit Boss Grills will take up little space in your backyard or patio and yet has a massive cooking area of 1,548 square inches. The unit has five removable cooking racks, which makes loading and unloading of food easy, as well as ensures that you can fit any type of food you want, no matter how tall it is.
The racks are porcelain-coated to prevent the sticking of food and for easy cleaning and durability. There is also a porcelain-coated water pan and a heat deflector included with the smoker.
The hopper for the pellets can fit 40 pounds of pellets which is enough for using the smoker for over 24 hours without the need of refilling it with new pellets.
The best vertical pellet smoker is a perfect option for long and slow smoking for 24 or more hours.
- A pellet hopper capacity of up to 40 lbs. – sufficient for 24 hours of use without refilling
- A cooking area of 1,548 square inches
- A large cooking window to keep an eye on the smoking
- Adjustable temperature from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Auto shut off, so you don’t need to wake up or get up to shut the smoker off
- A 300-watt auto-start igniter
- 5 removable porcelain-enameled cooking racks
- Works with 100% natural hardwood
- Easy to adjust temperature controls
- It offers an amazing smoked taste
- A versatile smoker with 5 removable and adjustable cooking racks
- A cooking area of 1,548 square inches
- Durable porcelain-coated cooking racks
- A large capacity hopper that can fit 40 lbs. of pellets
- Easy to empty and fill the pellet hopper
- Allows for 24+ hours of cooking without the need for refilling the hopper
- Adjustable temperature from 150 to 450 degrees
- Steady heat maintenance
- An excellent option for long and slow cooking
- Large window to monitor the process inside without opening the door
- It comes with a meat probe and an option for adding another one for perfect doneness of the meat
- Auto shut off when the cooking is done
- Auto start ignition
- You should keep it under a cover in order to prevent moisture and rain from softening the pellets, stopping the fire, or blocking the hopper feeder
The top-of-the-line best vertical pellet smoker has a cooking area of 1,853 square inches, with 6 removable and adjustable cooking racks allowing for fitting foods of all sizes and shapes, including a whole Thanksgiving turkey.
Thanks to its heavy-gauge steel construction and insulation, it will ensure that the heat and smoke stay in and remain consistent throughout the cooking.
It has automatic ignition and easy to set and adjust temperature controls and is among the easiest to use of all vertical pellet smokers.
The hopper for the pellets can fit up to 55 pounds of pellets, allowing for long hours of unattended smoking and cooking.
The 7th series Pit Boss vertical pellet cooker has a temperature range of 150 to 420 degrees Fahrenheit and is beautifully designed with sturdy wheels for easy portability.
- An adjustable heat range of 150-240 degrees Fahrenheit
- A 55 lbs. pellet hopper capacity
- A large 1,853 cooking space
- 6 removable cooking racks
- Made of heavy gauge stainless steel
- A size of 28 x 29 x 58.5 inches with a small footprint
- 5-year warranty
- Attractive design and small footprint
- A large cooking area
- 55 lbs. hopper for long unattended cooking
- A large window to monitor the cooking without opening the door
- 6 removable cooking racks
- It comes with a meat probe and a port for an extra one for perfect doneness
- Easy to use pellet removal and cleaning door
- Excellent temperature maintenance
- It has 6 hooks for hanging meat
- Backed by a 5-year warranty by the manufacturer
- Sturdy locking caster wheels for easy portability
- No built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
Another space-saving smoker is the vertical pellet smoker from Louisiana Grills. It can accommodate a lot of food at once and has a capacity of up to 2,059 square inches.
To accommodate additional food or to create room for large-sized meats, poultry, and other items, it includes six removable and adjustable racks.
The porcelain coating on the racks makes cleaning them simple and keeps food from clinging to them.
For consistent and speedy smoking, the pellet smoker uses fan-forced convection technology.
- The capacity of the pellet hopper is 60 lbs. which is enough for 35 or more hours of smoking without having to refill it
- A temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- A huge cooking area of 2,059 square inches
- Heavy-duty caster wheels for portability
- It comes with a protective cover
- You can monitor the cooking through the large and heat coated window
- There are two meat probes included
- A very large cooking area
- The capacity of the hopper allows for using the smoker for 35+ hours without having to refill it
- It has 6 removable cooking racks, which are porcelain coated
- The large viewing window allows for checking on the food without the need of opening the door and letting the heat and smoke out
- It comes with two meat probes and a protective cover
- It has a fan-forced convection cooking system for quicker and more even smoking
- The temperature can be adjusted at a large range of 150-450 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is quite heavy and large
- It is pricey
Related article: 7 Best Vertical Smokers Reviewed in Detail 
It has a temperature range of 150 to 420 degrees Fahrenheit and offers excellent insulation, making it suitable for use even in colder climates.
The smoker has a VP1 digital controller for easy temperature setting and adjustment.
It has a 901 square inch cooking capacity and 4 removable porcelain-coated racks.
The hopper can fit up to 40 pounds of pellets for 24 or more hours of use without the need for refilling the smoker.
This affordable best vertical pellet smoker is easy to use and has a size of just 26 x 22 x 53 inches and a weight of 97 lbs.
It comes with a meat probe and an auto-start and auto shut off for safe unattended cooking.
- 4 removable cooking grids, which are porcelain coated
- A cooking area of 901 square inches
- A small size, footprint, and weight
- Easy to adjust temperature levels from 150 to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- The pellet hopper has a capacity of 40+ lbs. and a purge door
- Automatic electric ignition
- Auto shut off function
- A clear window on the door and on the pellet hopper
- A meat probe is included
- Very affordable price
- Among the easiest to set and use vertical pellet smokers
- An adjustable cooking capacity of up to 901 square inches and four non-stick porcelain cooking racks
- Minimal footprint and a lightweight design
- A large temperature range that is easy to adjust
- Nifty clear windows to see the food and monitor the volume of the pellets
- It can hold up to 40 lbs. of pellets
- The pellets can be removed and cleaned via the easy-to-access purge door
- It is sold with a meat temperature probe
- Auto start 300-watt igniter
- Auto shut-off function for safe use without the need of waiting to shut the unit off
- It needs to be sheltered by a cover to prevent the pellets from absorbing moisture and clogging the unit
Related: The Best Pellet Smokers – Buyers Guide