Craving for a soda and don’t have the time or the patience to go out and get one? Don’t worry, your life just got easier. Now, it’s possible to make the delicious fizzy soda right at your home with SodaStream’s incredible soda makers.
SodaStream is a brand that makes soda makers that give you the ability to prepare your soda, in your own way, within the comfort of your own house! It is eco-friendly and has multiple features in its kitty for you to utilize.
By enabling you to create sparkling, fizzy soda with the device, SodaStream gives ordinary drinking water a unique twist. These are modest, space-efficient versions that fit perfectly in your kitchen and don’t take up much room.
Even though it seems luxurious, manufacturing soda at home won’t break the budget because they aren’t that expensive either. By choosing environmentally friendly items, you contribute to saving the environment by being eco-friendly.
Choosing which SodaStream model to purchase may be rather difficult with so many variants on the market. Before purchasing a SodaStream, it is crucial to conduct careful research because different models have varying prices and feature and specification differences. For your convenience, we’ve included a list of the top SodaStream models in this post along with a shopping guide that covers key features.
Best SodaStream Models
While there are a lot of models available in the market, there are a few SodaStream models that you should consider buying. Take a look at the list below that entails the best SodaStream models based on their properties, ease of use, compatibility, and other factors.
- Manual SodaStream — SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit This is a simple and elegant model by SodaStream that is powered by a CO2 cylinder that features snap-lock bottle technology that does not use electricity.
- Electrical SodaStream — Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker SodaStream Fizzi Sparkling Water Maker Bundle comes with a 1L water bottle and a CO2 cylinder. This is the best electrical SodaStream available in the market.
- With Carbonator SodaStream — SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit This SodaStream water maker kit runs without electricity and comes with a carbonator. Its black and silver design gives it an elegant look.
- Overall SodaStream — Fizzi MEGA KIT Sparkling Water Maker This jump kit comes with 3 bottles and a 60L CO2 cylinder. It has a sleek design and is lightweight enough to be easily portable.
- Bundled SodaStream — SodaStream Fizzi Sparkling Water Maker Bundle This is the finest package deal by SodaStream. The package consists of a water maker, 2 cylinders, 3 bottles, and 2 fruit flavors as well, making it an excellent bundle soda maker.
Best Manual SodaStream
This is the best manually operated SodaStream model. The SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit comes in white and black color and does not use batteries or electricity to run on. It is made of plastic and includes a free 1-liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottle along with a mini CO2 carbonator that can make up to 9 liters of sparkling water. It has a simple design and is easy to operate since the carbonating bottle locks into the area with a single push.
- Manually operated; no batteries or electricity needed.
- Features LED indicator
- Comes with a free 1L carbonating bottle
- Uses the snap-lock function to lock the bottle
- The carbonator makes up to 9L of sparkling water
- Energy-efficient since it does not use electricity
- Very easy to operate
- The bottle locks with the snap-lock technology
- The level of carbonation can be seen through the LED indicator so you can create the perfect sparkling water
- Might be a little overpriced
The SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit is available for purchase in the market and can be bought on Amazon for $121.28 with the carbonator included.
Best Electrical SodaStream
The SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker is the high-rated electrical SodaStream model in the market. It has a sleek and stylish finish that instantly lifts the look of the kitchen. It uses modern technology to prepare sparkling fresh water in just a few seconds. It is powered by electricity, unlike the previous model. The kit includes the water maker, a 60L CO2 cylinder along a 1L carbonating bottle. The model is compatible with almost all SodaStream carbonation bottles.
- The model runs on electricity
- Uses a 60L CO2 cylinder
- The carbonating bottle has a capacity of 1L and is BPA-free
- Compatible with all SodaStream carbonating bottles
- 2-year warranty
- Option to select between the 3 levels of fizz
- BPA-free, a reusable carbonating bottle that doesn’t harm the environment
- The water maker is compatible will all carbonating bottles, hence, multiple flavors can be used
- Has a sleek and stylish design
- Snap-lock push inserts bottle easily
- Uses electricity to run
The SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker is available in black and white colors and can be bought on Amazon for $87.38.
Best With Carbonator SodaStream
This is another energy-efficient, environment-friendly SodaStream model that doesn’t require electricity or batteries to run. The kit includes a jet sparkling water maker and a 60L CO2 carbonator that can be exchanged across retailers. The mini Co2 carbonator can prepare up to 9L of sparkling water. It is a lightweight model with a sleek design and uses twist-lock technology for easy insertion of the bottle.
- Mini CO2 carbonator with a 60L capacity
- Compatible with 60-liter and 130-liter CO2 cylinders
- Can prepare up to 9L of sparkling water
- Comes with a free 1L BPA-free reusable bottle
- Uses twist-lock technology
- Doesn’t need batteries or electricity
- Lightweight and sleek
- Energy-efficient since it doesn’t use electricity to run
- Environment friendly as it avoids usage of plastic bottles
- Has a stylish design that makes the place look good
- It is easy to operate and the bottle insertion is easy due to the twist-lock technology
- The CO2 cylinder is refillable
- No stark difference in features compared to other cheaper models
- Is relatively expensive
The SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit comes in black and silver color. It can be bought on Amazon for $149.99.
Best Bundled SodaStream
The favorite bundle deal by SodaStream, this model includes everything in its kit. The package comes with everything from a water maker to bottles to cylinders to even flavors. The two CO2 cylinders are extremely energy efficient and can carbonate up to 60 liters of water. The model is compatible with a variety of SodaStream flavors and carbonating bottles. It is powered by electricity and has multiple levels of fizz that can be selected as per the preference of the individual.
- Comes with three one-liter carbonating bottles, two CO2 cylinders
- Also includes two SodaStream flavors — zero-calorie lime and orange fruit drops
- Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water
- Compatible with all variants of bottles and flavors
- Snap-lock bottle connection
- Available in black and white colors
- Uses BPA-free reusable carbonating bottles which makes it environment friendly
- The CO2 cylinders are energy efficient
- Easy to insert bottles due to the snap-lock connection
- One of the few models that also comes with two SodaStream flavors
- Has a compact, cordless design that looks good anywhere
- Operates without electricity, therefore, conserves energy
- Heavier than other models, weighing 10.65 pounds
- Maybe considered a little overpriced
The SodaStream Fizzi Sparkling Water Maker Bundle is an excellent deal for someone looking for all components of a sparkling water maker at one place. It is available for purchase on Amazon for $149.75.
Best Overall SodaStream
This is the leading overall SodaStream model. The Fizzi Mega Kit Sparkling Water Maker comes with three one-liter carbonating bottles and one CO2 cylinder cartridge. It weighs 6 lb and has a sleek elegant design. It hardly takes 30 seconds to make amazing sparkling freshwater. You can also add SodaStream’s flavors to the fizzy water to make an awesome cocktail or mocktail and further enhance your drink. The product is available in black, white, and light blue colors.
- Three 1L carbonating BPA-free recyclable carbonating bottles
- One 60L CO2 cylinder cartridge
- Takes 30 seconds to make sparkling water
- Available in black, white, and light blue colors
- Lightweight and sleek
- Dimensions: 5.1″ W x 7.3″ L x 16.9″ H
- Uses snap-lock technology for bottle insertion
- Easy to install and operate
- Stylish and elegant for any space
- Lightweight for easy portability
- Environment friendly since it uses recyclable materials
- Easy insertion of the bottle using the snap-lock technology
- Energy efficient
- Some users have complained that it doesn’t create much fizz
The SodaStream Fizzi MEGA KIT Sparkling Water Maker is available in black color. Currently, it is available for purchase on Amazon for $99.99.
Why Should You Buy a Soda Maker?
You might ask when you can easily get a can just outside your house at that corner shop, why should you buy a soda maker for your home? Here are three reasons why buying a soda maker is beneficial for you.
The soda you get in the market is often either too fizzy or there are chances that it’s completely unhealthy due to the additives used. When you prepare the soda at home, you know what you have or haven’t put in the mixture, assuring yourself that it’s completely safe to drink.
Related: How Long Does Soda Last?
Not only is homemade soda safe to drink, but you can also control the quantity of sugar and calories that go into it. Commercial soda makers often make it too sweet and increase the number of calories in it. Homemade soda takes care of that problem.
In the longer run, it is actually cheaper to buy a soda maker than to buy a soda from a store. It is a one-time investment and you can always experiment with the flavors and mocktails.
Factors to Consider
Before buying a soda maker, there are several factors that you need to consider to make the right choice. There are multiple options available in the market that might make it a difficult decision. Let’s make it a little bit easier by listing down the factors you should keep in mind before buying a soda maker.
Is It Electrical or Manual?
This might not seem an important factor while making a decision, but it definitely can be a deal-breaker in terms of the convenience the soda maker is offering you. If you are the only person who is going to avail the benefits of the soda maker, buying a manual one might not be a bad option. For large groups of people, it’s best to go for a convenient electrical option.
It’s important to note the material used in the body of the soda maker. Most SodaStream models have BPA-free recyclable carbonating bottles that make them environmentally friendly. The carbonating cylinders used are also energy efficient.
Level of Carbonation
You might like a particular level of carbonation in your sparkling water or flavored drink. If the soda maker doesn’t come with multiple levels of carbonation, you might want to keep looking. For instance, SodaStream’s models like One Touch have three levels of carbonation.
As you can see, there are multiple options available in the market. SodaStream is an established brand that offers all types of soda makers for every budget. The point to remember while buying one is what objective are you looking to serve through the soda maker. Depending on that, a lot of variables will fall into place and you’ll be able to make the right decision. Preparing soda at home is indeed the best way to have healthy and safe soda. It is ready in no time and can be a cost-effective option when considered for a longer period of time.
Related: The 10 Best Water Coolers – Reviews & Buying Guide 2022