The word Santoku came from the Japanese language. It stands for multi-purpose. To do your kitchen works easily and efficiently within a possible minimum time, having a Santoku knife is a must.
Since a large variety of work can be done with the help of them and that is why they are so popular among the chefs. But this will be possible if you have the perfect one in your hand. Furthermore, this is really a hard job, especially for the newbies to figure out the best one for work.
So if you are one of those who are searching for a multi-purpose knife, then you have come to the right place. Because today I’m here with the 3 top-performing santoku knives of all time. I have also added buying guide for you that will help you to figure out the most suitable one for you. So let’s get started.
Best Santoku Knives Review
Mercer Culinary Genesis M20707 7″ Forged Santoku Knife
Since the blade of a knife is made from Germany-made high carbon steel, then there is no doubt about the sharpness and durability of that knife. Mercer Culinary Genesis is one like them. Let’s have a look at its other characteristics.
- First of all, Germany made high carbon steel has been used to make this knife. Furthermore, the blade has been strengthening by precision forged. As a result, the blade remains sharp for a long time and can cut almost every kitchen stuff like butter.
- The handles are well made since they provide comfort along with safety. This is most noteworthy that this is NSF certified.
- Sharp and thin blades allow you to cut and chop things with efficiency. This became finally possible with the help of the bolster strengthens process.
- Safe and comfortable to handle.
- Cuts and chops thing more efficiently.
- Remains sharp after a long time.
- Durable as well as thin and lightweight.
- Doesn’t offer knife guard.
When you need superior sharpness along with comfort and safety, nothing can be better than this knife. Love this? Then pick this up by checking the price on Amazon.
Kai Pure Komachi 2 KS5085 6.5″ Santoku knife
The most appealing thing about this knife is its attractive design. I’m pretty much sure that anybody will wish to have this one just after seeing this, even if he doesn’t need a knife. Let’s have a deep insight into this santoku knife.
- First of all, high carbon steel is used to manufacture this knife. Therefore this remains super-sharp over time of use.
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and ease of cutting to the user. Moreover, hollow-ground edges reduce friction.
- The blade protector adds extra safety, and Furthermore, this is food-safe, and FDA-approved.
- Resin coating gives this knife a light color as well as a nonstick performance.
- Ultra sharpness.
- Knife guard with blade protector for safety and storage.
- Fully rustproof.
- Doesn’t require sharpening often.
- Multipurpose and efficient usage.
- Solid fat may sediment in the edge of the knife blade.
Finally, for professional cutting chopping and other purposes, this knife is one of the perfect ones from all perspectives. To grab this knife by clicking on the button below.
Victorinox Swiss Army 7-Inch Santoku Knife Review
Who doesn’t love a multi-purpose knife? Surely everybody does. Victorinox Swiss Army Santoku knife will surely impress you with its multi-purpose usage as well as awesome performance. So let’s have a deeper look at this Santoku knife.
- First of all, high-class carbon steel is used to manufacture this knife. Furthermore, this steel is tempered with high temperature and ice-cold water. As a result, the blade remains sharp for a long time as well as prevents edge retention.
- The handle is well textured and easy to handle. Consequently, it is designed to keep balance and provide comfort to the user.
- This is a multipurpose knife that is excellent at slicing, dicing, and mincing. Consequently, its master blade can cut paper-thin slices without sticking the pieces.
- Long-term durability and sharpness.
- Easy and comfortable handling.
- Multipurpose usage.
- Efficient at cutting thin layers.
- Rusts if not dried well.
- The handle is a little bit light.
Finally, from the above discussion, this fact is clear that this knife is very much efficient for multiple purposes. Need such a knife? Then get this by clicking below.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Santoku Knife
In order to get the most out of a santoku knife, there are a couple of things that you should keep in consideration. You should consider the factor below to figure out the best santoku knife.
- Characteristics of the Blade
The size, shape, and material of the blade determine the quality of the knife to a great extent. Firstly you must go for high-carbon steel for sharpness. Finally, you should consider the size and shape of the blade according to the purpose of use.
- Handle, Comfort & Safety
Although it doesn’t play a direct role in cutting or slicing but this plays an important role while the operation process. Ergonomic handles provide much more comfort than the others. This also provides extra safety. Again this is wide to have a larger handle for cutting large things and shorter for small ones.
- Sharpening & Edge of use
Hence it’s used for daily purposes this is better to have one that doesn’t require sharpening often. Also for cutting various staffs, you must have a multi-purpose knife for such as piercing, cutting, chopping, and slicing.
- Healthy & Storing
Some of the best Santoku knives are NDA-approved. This determines the health safety of the knife. Furthermore easy and safe storing is also necessary for long-term use and safety purpose.
How to Choose Santoku Knife
You will find lots of santoku knives out there. But you must follow some criteria to figure out the best Santoku knife for you. Some of the criteria that work are as follows.
- Compare Your Need & the Knife’s Ability
Santoku knives are multipurpose knives. But they can have some handicaps too. For example, thin blades are good for slicing. Bolds aren’t good for piercing. So choose wisely as you need.
- Work Frequency & Storing
If you need to do a lot of work with knives then choose that one that doesn’t require sharpening often. If you need to use the knife occasionally then go for the one that allows you to store for a long time without rusting.
- Comfort Along with Safety
Comfort at works swifts your work rate. So you must choose the one with that you feel maximum comfortable. Again if you aren’t a professional then you must choose that one that has a safeguard.
After an experience with a number of knives from the most renowned finally, I have found these three to be the best Santoku knives that stand strong to fulfill all the requirements to be perfect. All of them are going to fulfill your needs to a great extent. So now it’s your turn to pick the most suitable one for yours.