Do you wish you have your own pizzelle maker at home and be able to make those gorgeous-looking and mouthwatering Italian waffle cookies?
Best Pizzelle Makers
There are many pizzelle makers on the market to choose from, but the prime one you can buy in 2022 is the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press.
We have picked the top pizzelle makers for every taste and budget, so go ahead and read on to find out more about these unique appliances, which will help you make the greatest-looking and finest-tasting pizzelle every time.
The Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press is the greatest pizzelle maker you can buy in 2022. It can make two perfect and beautiful pizzelles ready to be rolled up and filled with cannoli cream, hazelnut spread, or any other filling you love.
The premium quality pizzelle maker bakes two four-inch thin pizzelles with two different intricate decorative patterns each.
Thanks to the locking lid of this baking appliance, your pizzelles will always come out evenly baked and browned, so you can impress your family and friends with this delicious Italian waffles.
The Cuisinart pizzelle maker has a five setting temperature setting, so you can adjust the browning according to your preferences.
The green and red lights on the units will let you know when the desserts are ready.
Thanks to the quick heating and reheating time, you can bake numerous pizzelle cookies in a matter of minutes. This is a perfect treat for guests or for breakfast.
You can make your pizzelles crisp and hard or chewy and soft depending on the recipe you use for the batter. You can also roll them up in cones or cannolis.
This useful kitchen utility is sold with a measuring spoon as well as a rolling dowel for the cannoli.
All you need to do is make the batter of your choice, scoop a spoon of the mixture on each of the two plates and close and lock the lid.
In just 60 seconds you will have perfect and beautiful pizzelles ready.
Because the baking plates have a nonstick surface you don’t have to worry about your pizzelles getting stuck and leaving a mess. You can also easily remove the beautiful ready pizzelles from the plates without breaking their gorgeous designs and shape.
After they are ready, use the rolling dowel to shape the pizzelles in cones or cannoli and fill them with the filling of your choice. You can use fresh fruits, chocolate mousse, cannoli cream made of ricotta and sugar, or any other delicious filling.
You can also leave them to cool down and serve them like crisp cookies as well. The appliance is sold with a recipe book that will provide numerous ideas of how to make different types of these tasty waffles or cookies.
The plates are easy to clean with a damp cloth after they have cooled down.
The design of this premium quality pizzelle maker allows for the appliance to be stored upright, so you can save tons of space when you are not using it. it is also pretty compact – with a size of 9.5 x 9.5 x 4.8 inches, and weighs 4.45 lbs. so you won’t have problems moving it and placing it on your countertop or table.
This excellent appliance is sold with a 3-year warranty and is made of premium materials, so you can be pretty sure that you will have a quick breakfast and dessert maker for years to come if you buy the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press.
The runner-up in our list is this easy to use and easy to clean pizzelle maker by Cucina will make two 5-inch pizzelles simultaneously, and they will come out stunning looking every time. Plus, you can choose between a non-stick plate version and a stainless steel traditional version of this model.
- The press makes two of the traditional sized 5-inch pizzelles which are perfect for making cannoli and cones
- The patterns of the plates are very intricate and have curvy edges which will definitely impress everybody who sees the ready pizzelles
- The appliance has a steam guard which will keep your hand and arms safe from the heat when you open and close the pizzelle maker
- The baking plates are extra thick which ensures the even cooking and distribution of the heat and browning
- The non-stick plates are easy to clean
- It is also offered with traditional polished stainless steel plates
- The size of the unit is 10.2 x 10 x 5 inches, and it weighs 4.67 lbs.
- It is sold with recipes for pizzelles and cannolis
Best budget-friendly option
The top budget-friendly pizzelle maker for 2022 is an inexpensive yet efficient baking appliance.
It can make two 4 inch pizzelles simultaneously. You can choose between the five browning levels to make these Italian waffle cookies light or dark brown, as well as soft and chewy or hard and crispy.
The inexpensive pizzelle maker has nonstick plates for baking which are easy to clean and which will allow you to remove the ready waffles without breaking them.
While the pizzelles are warm, you can roll them into cones or cannoli, and fill them with cream, custard, mousse, or any other delicious filling.
The appliance has ready to bake and ready-to-eat indicator light which will let you know when the press is ready for the batter, and when the pizzelles are ready.
The plates are BPA-free, and the exterior is made of brushed stainless steel.
The Cuisinart WM-PZ10 comes with a rolling dowel for the cannoli and a measuring scoop for the batter. It also includes an instruction and recipe book.
The size of the unit is 9 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches, and it weighs 4.5 lbs.
It is affordable and has a 3-year limited warranty for peace of mind.
This budget-friendly pizzelle maker is the perfect appliance for any kitchen, and you can be pretty sure that you will impress all your guests and family every time you bake some of these beautiful pizzelles.
Related Articles: Most Recommended Toaster Ovens For Less Than $50
The rest of the best
If you prefer the traditional cast aluminum or cast iron pizzelle makers rather than the modern non-stick ones, you should definitely opt for the Palmer Pizzelle Cast Aluminum Classic Pizzelle maker.
- A solid cast aluminum construction with even heat distribution, crispiness, and durability
- Aluminum is safer than Teflon or other non-stick surfaces
- It is non-stick as well if you follow the instructions for waiting for the plates to heat up properly and grease them every time
- The appliance makes two thin 5-inch high ribbed pizzelles at the same time
- The plates have beautiful patterns which will allow you to make gorgeous pizzelles every time
- The size of the press is 15 x 10.5 x 3.9 inches, and it weighs 5.5 lbs.
- The press is 800 watts and is UI listed
- It is sold with a 5-year warranty by Palmer
- Made in the USA
If you are into the traditional hand iron pizzelle maker, the Palmer 1000T is as close as you can get to the real thing.
- Made of chrome and cast aluminum
- It can make two 5-inch thin cookies in 30 seconds.
- The pizzelles turn out with gorgeous patterns and with high ribs.
- The iron is 800 watts.
- The entire appliance is 10.6 x 3.7 x 14.9 inches in size and weighs 5.5 lbs.
- Made in the USA
- Sold with a generous 10-year warranty by Palmer
This high-end pizzelle maker will make two pizzelles with floral designs and is made of durable premium quality materials which will last for years.
- Works like a waffle press and bakes 2 beautiful 5-inch pizzelles simultaneously
- The baking plates have intricate floral designs on both sides
- It has a ready light to let you know when the plates are hot enough to bake
- The handle locks with a clip during baking for safety
- The press has a 1,000-watt heater
- The nonstick grids will prevent the Italian waffle cookies to stick to the plates and to make a mess or come out broken or deformed
- The appliance is made of durable heavy cast aluminum for even heating and baking and for longer heat retention
- The housing is polished and sleek in satin nickel
- The cord can be wrapped underneath the appliance for neater storage
- It can be stored in an upright position
- The size of the pizzelle maker is 12.1 x 11.6 x 4.5 inches, and it weighs 7.45 lbs.
- It is sold with a 3-year warranty
This pizzelle press can make two traditionally sized 4 3/4-inch beautiful thin pizzelles in less than 30 seconds.
This makes it the perfect choice if you have a large family or love to entertain guests, as well as for festivals, for Easter and for Christmas festivities and other important occasions.
The appliance has a high-quality non-stick baking surface which doesn’t need to cool down and be reheated to be used again and again. Thanks to the instant temperature recovery of this pizzelle maker, you can make dozens of these delicious Italian waffle cookies in a matter of minutes.
Your ready pizzelles will come off of the baking plates easily, without having their design and shape ruined, and without leaving a mess on the non-stick baking surface.
Thanks to the consistent heat on the baking surface, your pizzelles will come out evenly browned and baked every time.
The press has two different gorgeous designs on both sides so you will definitely impress your guests every time you serve them with these delicious pizzelles.
Plus the 4 3/4 inch size is perfect for making cannolis or rolling the ready pizzelle into pretty cones which can be filled with any kind of filling you prefer.
The exterior of the press is made of stainless steel.
The appliance is 900 watts and is made to be safely and easily stored in a space-saving upright position when it is not in use.
Its size is 12.4 x 10.5 x 5 inches, and it weighs 5.1 lbs.
You will also receive a detailed recipe book with the pizzelle maker so you will have endless ideas for the desserts or snacks to make for the next holidays or next time you are inviting guests over. You can also easily shape these pizzelles into cones, and after they harden fill them with homemade ice cream for beautiful and delicious treats for your children and their friends.
Overall, this pizzelle maker by Chef’s Choice is a super, affordable and very clever kitchen appliance to buy for you or as a gift.
If you prefer smaller-sized pizzelles, the Chef’sChoice 835 pizzelle press could be the perfect option for you.
- It bakes three 3-inch party size, thin pizzelles simultaneously
- The baking time for each batch is just 45 to 60 seconds
- The appliance is 1050 watts
- The device recovers the heat instantly, so you can make large batches very quickly
- The press has non-stick plates so you will get the pizzelle out whole every time
- It has an overflow channel that will prevent any excess batter from overflowing from the baking plate and from the device
- There is a secure lockdown latch to keep it closed during the baking
- The appliance has nifty ready and heating up indicator lights
- You can choose the browning and crispiness level via an easy to access and adjust the dial on the side of the unit
- The device is sold with a batter measurement spoon, a wooden cannoli dowel, and a pizzelle and cannoli recipe booklet
- The size of the pizzelle maker is 9 x 3 1/4 x 10 inches, and it can safely and easily be stored upright when not in use
- The power cord can be wrapped in the built-in cord storage compartment, for neat and easy storage
- The appliance is easy to store and to clean
- It weighs 4 lbs.
What is a pizzella and why you should get a pizzelle maker?
A pizzella is a traditional waffle-like cookie from Italy. It is made with eggs, flour, sugar, and either butter or oil, as well as a flavoring like vanilla, lemon, anise, or others.
The pizzelle can be either crisp and hard, or chewy and soft depending on the batter and on the cooking time.
They are commonly shaped into cannoli or cones and filled with different creams or other fillings. They can also be left to cool down and are sandwiched together tow by two with some kind of cream in between, usually cannoli cream.
Pizzelle have intricate shapes and decorations on both sides which are made via stamps on both sides of the pizzelle iron or press.
The decorations usually resemble snowflakes.
The first pizzelles were made in the town of Ortona in Southern Italy and their name comes from another Italian traditional meal – the pizza.
These cookies are among the oldest types and are believed to have been developed after the ancient Roman crustulum.
They were and still are made in traditional hand irons held above the stovetop or burner.
Today, the modern pizzelle makers are electrically powered countertop appliances that resemble waffle makers.
Pizzelle are traditionally made and enjoyed during the Easter and Christmas holidays as well as at weddings in Italy.
They are suitable for everyday breakfast, as well as for creating intricate treats, snacks, and desserts for family and for guests.
The pizzelle makers on our list are easy to use, safe, and they all make beautiful pizzelles quickly and without them getting stuck to the heated surface.
With a pizzelle maker like any of the abovementioned ones, you will have an appliance which you can use every time there is a party, festival or celebration, as well as for breakfast and desserts for your family and yourself.
They are inexpensive, most of them are small and easy to store, and they are easy to clean, so you will be making a great investment if you decide to buy such a kitchen appliance for your home, or as a gift to a loved one!