Kitchen faucets are one of the most useful tools in any kitchen. They help you to clean your dishes properly and also in filling pots with water for cooking. Women especially love to see their kitchen decor be different than other regular kitchens out there.
That’s why they require the best kitchen faucets model. Kitchen faucets highly enhance the look of any kitchen. It is also the most used equipment in any kitchen. They are used daily for cooking and washing purposes.
But, finding the high-rated kitchen faucet for your kitchen isn’t that easy at all. You might get confused about whether to go for a pull-down or pull-out design. There are some that have a lifetime warranty, while others have a limited one. You might have gone through the faucet reviews, but still finding the perfect one for your kitchen turns out to be a daunting task.
That’s where I come in. I have done some valuable research for you and chosen twelve stylish and affordable kitchen faucets for you. Each faucet has been reviewed in detail, highlighting its special features. These faucets will change the whole look of your kitchen.
The ones I have recommended are from the top-rated kitchen faucet reviews and trusted brands. These are not the generic low-quality brands that are available everywhere. A good kitchen faucet can either make your kitchen look extravagant or totally ruin its look. From my observation, I have found out that only good looks aren’t the only thing to consider when buying a kitchen faucet.
- LASTS 2X LONGER: patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard ensuring leak-free operation for the life of the kitchen faucet (Industry standard is based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles)
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it stays docked and doesn’t droop over time like other kitchen faucets
- POWERFUL SPRAY: ShieldSpray Technology cuts through stubborn messes with a powerful stream of water inside a protective sphere that contains the splatter, so you can spend less time soaking and scrubbing with an average of 90% less splatter than a standard spray
- EASY INSTALLATION: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8-inch configurations. Everything you need is together in 1 box, including an optional deck plate for 3-hole installation and InnoFlex PEX supply lines that are integrated into the faucet for 1 less leak point
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: You can install with confidence, knowing this kitchen faucet is backed by Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty
In a Hurry!
You can go with the Delta 9178-AR-DST model as it dominated all other products almost in every aspect of our extensive research.
A kitchen faucet should also be durable and robust enough to last you for years, no matter what task you use it for. There are different types of faucets available in the market. They come in all shapes and sizes.
Some of them come with multiple finish options too. I have compiled this list, carefully examining this quality. So, without any further ado, I bring you my detailed, high-quality kitchen faucet reviews of 2022.
Reviews of Kitchen Faucets 2022
In this section, We reviewed 12 of the high-rated faucet for your kitchen. What are these? Let’s see:
Delta 9178-AR-DST – Best Touch Kitchen Faucet
Delta 9178-AR-DST is a good upgrade for any kitchen. It has a pleasing design and some features that are essential for any kitchen.
It has a mid-range price, so you won’t have to spend much to upgrade your kitchen. It will give you years of trustful service. Delta Faucet is a renowned brand and has features anyone would like for their kitchen.
I found the design very traditional, with features mostly found in more modern-looking faucets. It is made aimed at vintage faucet styles. I especially recommend this to people who don’t want to upgrade their entire kitchen. In terms of looks, this is the finest kitchen faucet.
Touch-Clean spray holes
Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to clean the hose perfectly of hard water spots or residue that may form over years of use.
Diamond Seal Technology
The diamond seal technology makes sure the faucet performs as you expect it to. The ball valves have a coating of diamond seal material to make them extra strong and wear-proof. This feature also guarantees 5 million users of the faucet.
Magnetite docking system
This feature helps prevent leakage or droopiness. A faucet might start dripping water when not in use. This happens after years of use as the faucet wears off. The magnetite docking system stops this.
- Delta 9178-AR-DST uses a magnetic docking system which is a powerful integrated magnetic material. Moreover, it doesn’t drop water when you are not using it.
- The holes of the spray are clean and rubber finish. So, you can get a decent flow of water easily. Moreover, you can clean it up simply when you need it.
- It has a unique seal technology that is known as a DIAMOND seal. The diamond seal technology allows this faucet to install any parts without any hassle and serves you like brand new.
- It has fewer leaking points than any other ordinary faucets in the market. Therefore, it lasts longer than its industry-standard durability limitation.
- To install this product, you will get all of these parts inside the box. So it makes your work easy and simple.
- It is designed with a touch feature. If you are looking for 3 hole feature, this might be the premium choice for your sink.
- It has an easy installation system and straightforward procedure.
- The handle is comfortable to hold and use.
- It has a lifetime warranty for both the item and its finish.
- It was constructed with a very high-quality and robust design.
- The instruction manual it comes with was useless.
- Its plastic retainer with the extension cord easily gets loose.
Moen 7594ESRS – Best Luxury Kitchen Faucet
>Moen 7594ESRS comes in 3 exciting colors or finishes: Venetian bronze, polished chrome, and stainless steel>. It has the accurate water pressure for a kitchen faucet.
It also reduces the wastage of water. It uses a single lever to adjust pressure and water temperature. This saves you a lot of time. It works as a primary faucet for any kitchen.
Its features actually make it more unique than other primary faucets. This feature allows the pull-down mechanism to work properly and very smoothly. The spray heads can be docked properly.
Motion Sense Technology
>This feature allows you to turn the water flow on and off without touching the faucet. This keeps the water completely bacteria-free.
AC adapter powered
Usually, Motion sensors run on 6 AA batteries. They can be powered by an AC adapter too. You don’t have to buy AA batteries regularly. This saves you some money.
- Moen 7594ESRS is made of spot-resist stainless steel. So, there is no question about its durability.
- With this product, you will not face any problem with fingerprints or any water spots. Therefore, it is easy to clean, and it remains clean for a long time.
- It also comes with a system named Duralock smart connection. So, it is easy to use.
- It has motion sensor technology inside it. Furthermore, this system can sense simple hand movements triggering the flow of water.
- You can install this through one or three holes. It has a pre-designed body that allows it to do this.
- It has a stainless steel body. This prevents fingerprints from staying on its body.
- Matching it with your kitchen’s décor is simple, as it comes in 3 finishes.
- The flexible hose with a reflex mechanism retracts back with ease.
- MotionSense gives you the ability to control it with hand gestures.
- It has a single-hole mount. It looks good on custom countertops.
- The hose sometimes takes time to retract back. This may be due to its weight.
- Adjusting the water temperature sometimes becomes a hassle. From time to time need to tighten the temperature valve.
WEWE Pull Out – Best Affordable Kitchen Faucet
One of the most annoying things about washing dishes is having to wipe them continuously and clean the kitchen sink at the same time.
Ordinary faucets lack in providing multiple functions; however, it is not the same case for the WEWE Pull Out Kitchen Faucet. How do you ask? Let’s have a look then.
Multifunctional Water Effect
Usually, WEWE comes with a single lever spray wand and sometimes with two. However, this product comes with three unique spray and stream settings, which could be used for multiple purposes.
The first effect offers you an aerated spray and stream of water spots, which is extremely useful for filling out pans, pots, bowls, and much more. The second setting enables you to use it as a spray wand, and we all know spraying is essential to rinse different objects.
The third and most exceptional setting is the pause mode. It has two mechanisms. Mode one is used with the aerated stream effect, and it prevents water splashes. The next setting is used with the spray and stream mode to increase efficiency without having to switch off the flow every time.
Design and Durability
If you are a big fan of designs then, you are up for a treat because the product features a sleek, unique tulip design. It is compatible and looks amazing on most sinks.
On the other hand, it is extremely easy to use and maintain due to its rust and corrosion-free build. Therefore, it can easily stand the test of time.
Usage and Installation
This kitchen faucet has a single handle that comes with an integrated flow of water and a temperature controller. Furthermore, the spout is rotatable at 360 degrees, and the spray wand features a retraction mechanism that enables it to come back to its place after every use.
On top of that, the product is preassembled from the beginning, and if you are a DIY enthusiast, you can set it up in only 30 minutes.
- Three unique flow of water modes
- Preassembled and easy to set up
- It comes at an affordable price
- Rotatable and retractable faucet pull-down sprayer head
- Doesn’t come with a magnetic catch for the retractable end
- A longer hose would have been preferable
Moen 7185ESRS – Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Faucet
Moen has a wide range of products and Moen 7185ESRS is one of them which come with Motion-sense technology. It is has a very easy installation system and comes with pull-down hands-free faucets spray hose length.
Motion-sense is one of the attractive features of this kitchen faucet. The design is top of the class too.
The Moen 7185ESRS is a high arc pull-down design. It has a spot-resist stainless steel body. Fingerprints don’t stay on the body, and cleaning is easy.
It has a sensor mounted on top of the water flows and has one operational handle. You can wave your hand over the motion sensors on the top, and the water starts flowing again. This is perfect for those who want a quick drink of water or just want to wash their hands.
Reflex is a special feature in Moen faucets that allows the spray pipe to turn 360 degrees, for more flexibility for multi-purpose use.
- Moen 7185ESRS has a variation of three oil-rubbed colors. So you can choose any of them as you need.
- It has motion sensors that can make the water flow whenever you place your hand under it. Therefore, it is easy to use this one.
- Here is an extendable pull-down hose length in this faucet. It exists because it reacts smoothly as the user’s will.
- For safety in installation, It has a quick connect system from Duralock. So, it is easy and secure to place anywhere.
- It has an optional mount system of one hole and three holes. Therefore, you can fit it in any Kitchen sink.
- The Reflex technology enables the user to enjoy flexibility.
- MotionSense gives you hands-free usability and various finish options.
- It is simple to operate.
- The Installation system is very easy, and the manual is detailed>.
- It saves water, unlike manual faucets.
- All designs are stylish and go well with any kitchen.
- The hand sensors are very sensitive and water might flow unintentionally.
- You might face difficulty in getting used to the Motion sensors technology of the faucet.
Kohler K-560-VS – Best Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
Kohler is one of the well-known brands. All their products are well crafted, and the Kohler K-560-VS also known as Bellera is no exception.
It comes with a design that is simply aesthetic and it has some truly enhanced functionalities.
It is made from vibrant stainless steel. The stainless steel finishing gives it a very robust feel. It is a simple one-piece kitchen faucet. Its conventional style makes it suitable for any home. It is mainly perfect for classically styled homes. It gives any kitchen a luxurious look and feel. Its spot-resist stainless steel body also makes it scratch and stain-resistant. Nothing will keep sticking to it.
All-over swivel option
It has an all-over swivel option so that it can be turned clockwise and anti-clockwise without any limitations. The water can be sprayed at any angle you want. The 360-degree rotating swivel allows you to clean any sink of any size.
Magnetic-based docking system
It has a magnetic docking system that is not visible to the naked eye. It helps the faucet head to stay in place in a locked position.
Master Clean spray face
It has a Master clean spray face which prevents minerals from forming on the spray head, after years of extensive use.
- Kohler K-560-VS comes with a stainless steel body. It makes the faucet more durable than any ordinary product in the market.
- There is a goose-shaped neck spout of this faucet that has a high arc. Therefore, it can rotate 360 degrees and keep the flow of water constant.
- It has a magnetic DockNetik system that allows the faucet to lock securely. It keeps the flow of water smooth.
- This one has ProMotion tech that is a light and quiet hose made of nylon. Therefore, it makes the controlling system easy for any user.
- If you are thinking about fitting Kohler K-560-VS in your sink, don’t worry. Because it comes with several holes up to four.
- It is corrosion-free.
- When minerals build upon it, they are easily cleanable.
- Water temperature can be controlled without much trouble.
- The controls are pretty smooth.
- 360-degree spout
- The fastener is of poor quality.
- It is very tough to set up as the manual is not clear.
Moen 5995SRS – Best Two-Hole Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
Moen 5995SRS is a medium-priced kitchen faucet. It has a long list of features as do other faucets in its price range. But I have recommended this on my list for its stylish and elegant looks.
Moen 5995SRS is a carefully designed and one of the optimum kitchen faucets in the market. It is very versatile looking.
It comes in a lot of finishes in stainless steel. From oil rubbed Venetian bronze, spot resist stainless, polished chrome, and Matte Black, the choices you have are elegant.> It has a reflex system which makes it to be pulled down easily. Most homeowners prefer having a matte black faucet for their kitchen. You should also try it out.
The 5995SRS comes with a 68-inch braided hose. This is a long hose that can be used for many purposes in the kitchen. Cleaning off those tough spots in the kitchen will now be a breeze, whether you have a small or humongous kitchen.
Duralock Quick Connect system
Installing the faucet is easy as pie. It comes with a Duralock Quick Connect system. This allows the faucet to be installed without the use of any kind of tool. The Duralock system is very smooth and will last longer than you expect it to.
- Moen 5995SRS has a reflex technology that allows the hose to extend and react easily. Therefore, it is easy to operate for the user.
- It is made of stainless steel. So you can rely on this faucet’s build quality and use it for an extended period of time.
- Duralock is a quick connecting technology. This one comes with it and makes it has an easy installation system.
- This is designed with matte black, silver, and golden brass color that gives you the various finish options to choose the fittest one.
- It has one and three holes escutcheon for fitting this faucet in any sink. So, don’t worry about placing it in your sink.
- It is completely stain-resistant, so it is easy to clean.
- It has strong water pressure, which can be controlled.
- It has an elegant and stylish look.
- It is very durable and will last you for years.
- There is no option to have the sprayer head-on without pulling it down.
- It is not compatible with a bar-style sink.
KOHLER K-72218-V – Best Motionsense Kitchen Faucet
Kohler’s Sensate Touch-less kitchen faucet is not the cheapest model. But, it comes with some state-of-the-art features that will make it the center attraction of your kitchen. It saves you time and also water. Look wise; to me, it is a standard Kohler product. It also comes with a ton of useful features.
Docknetik docking system: The docking system is magnetic, keeping the spray head in place when not in any use.
Master clean spray: The surface of the spray face is very easy to clean up, so minerals don’t build upon it.
State of the art sensor: The sensor responds to your hand gesture in 20 milliseconds. This makes it the fastest responding Touch-less faucet in the market.
Activation window: The activation window has precision, making it impossible for you to turn on the faucet accidentally.
- KOHLER K-72218-VS is made of vibrant stainless steel. So it lasts longer.
- It has a Docknetik system which helps the body to dock with a magnetic system. This allows you to smoothly operate the faucet.
- KOHLER K-72218-VS has a master cleaning system. Therefore, it helps you to easily clean up any surface.
- The Touchless on/off system of this product responds quickly. This feature will save you time.
- You can pull down the spray mode easily with the help of promotion technology. It has a light and noiseless hose that make it happen.
- Simple and easy installation system.
- It has a stylish and elegant looking classic Kohler design.
- Totally hands-free operation.
- It can efficiently clean your dirty dishes in sweep spray mode.
- It is AC-powered, so you will not always need batteries replaced.
- The pressure and temperature controlling knob are near the handle, unlike other modern kitchen products.
- It has a robust stainless steel design.
- It has an efficient touchless system.
- The swivel does not go full 360 degrees.
- It is a bit on the expensive side.
- It does not come with a battery-powered option. You might feel stranded if there is a power outage.
Delta 9113-BL-DST – Best Black Kitchen Faucet
The next product on our list is the Delta 9113-BL-DST kitchen faucet, and soon enough, you will find out why.
It is an exceptional product that offers impeccable performance and elegant design, which can satisfy your cleaning needs.
The most attractive part of the product is it comes with a special feature known as MagnaTite-Docking. It means Delta 9113-BL-DST uses a powerful magnet for the retractable spray head end, which puts the spout in its accurate position after every use.
Therefore, you do not have to worry about the magnetic docking or putting the faucet head after using it as it will go back to its place automatically and will remain there. Furthermore, it prevents the end from drooping over time.
Durability and Design
The product is designed with features, which ensure leak-free operation.> It also increases the longevity of the faucet, making it last for a long time.
On the other hand, the elegant matte black finish can make your sink look stylish, reducing visual fatigue.
Installation and Maintenance
It is easy to install the Delta 9113, and you can fit it in one or three-hole sinks. However, you will need a deck plate to set it up in a three-hole sink.
The maintenance process of the product has been made simpler due to the TouchClean spray mode feature.> With the touch of a finger, you can effortlessly clear any lime, mineral or calcium build-up.
Another interesting feature of the product is that it has two different water effect settings (Spray and stream). You will also receive an InnoFlex PEX supply line with the purchase that will help you to exterminate leaks.
- The proper spray head allows for magnetic docking
- It is highly durable
- Offers easy maintenance with the TouchClean feature
- Included InnoFlex PEX supply lines
- It can be a bit big for some sinks
- The retaining nut sometimes comes loose
Peerless P299305LF – Best Wall Mount Kitchen Faucet
If you have been looking into something different, then you must have bumped into Delta Faucet. Well, Delta has made quite an enormous reputation for themselves through their fine, durable, and reliable products.
Peerless P299305LF is also a suitable piece come from Delta, and although it may seem familiar; however, it does pack a significant punch.
With a more ordinary style and classical look, the Peerless comes with a polished chrome finish. It is quite durable and can stand with its head held on high in the long run. Even the manufacturers are confident about the item’s durability and longevity.
On the other hand, the product is easy to take care of and clean due to its chrome finish options. So, you won’t have a hard time maintaining it.
Flexibility and Functionality
As you can see in the pictures, the faucet features a high arc ‘U’ shaped design. The high arc means the spout can pivot 360 degrees, which makes the cleaning and filling process more convenient than ever.
Nonetheless, unlike the previous faucets, this one doesn’t come with a single lever handle; rather, it comes with two. It may hurt the look of the product; however, it increases the ability to control the water flow and temperature of the water. Thus, you will gain much better precision than ever before.
The good thing is that comes at an affordable price. You don’t have to break your bank in order to purchase this sleek product.
Furthermore, the process of installing this faucet to the water supply lines is easy. Remember, you can only mount the faucet on walls, and you will require two holes to do that.
- Its finish keeps it polished and new looking
- Comes at a budget-friendly rate
- High arc spout pivots 360-degree for convenient cleaning
- Two-handle design for precise water temperature control
- You will need to buy the supply lines separately
- Comes in only one color
Fapully Commercial – Best Industrial Kitchen Sink Faucet
Here comes a new challenger, the Fapully Commercial kitchen faucet. Due to its shiny contemporary design, robust build, and multiple functionalities, we believe this product is one of the leading commercial-style faucets on the market, and rightfully deserves to be in our top twelve list.
Two in One
The two types of water effects without having to switch modes make it different from other faucets. This industrial-style kitchen faucet is designed with spouts. One gives you streaming water and the other works as a spray.
Therefore, you don’t have to switch between water effects, and the notable part is you can use both modes at the same time. So, the ability to multitask in the sink is just a Fapully faucet away.
On the other hand, the spray and stream spout and spray head can pivot around 360-degrees giving you access to the entire sink.
Additionally, the product has been made to withstand the effects of daily water usage. This is considered one of the premium products. The handle is constructed with zinc alloy, and the disc valve features a built-in ceramic disc cartridge for leak-free use.
Moreover, the faucet has a top-notch spring design, which makes it both flexible and durable.
It is extremely seamless to maintain the product as it comes with a rust and a corrosion-resistant body. Furthermore, to make your life simpler, it features special nozzles that can be cleaned with only the touch of your finger.
Easy to Use and Install
The faucet has a single handle and a single lever, which makes controlling the water flow and temperature of the water effortless. On top of that, you can pull down the spray head smoothly without any stress and dock it back up with ease.
Besides being a single lever handle faucet, the product features two types of installation methods: the one and the three-hole setup. For the first one, you will not require Escutcheon; however, for the former, you may need to buy some extra parts (the three-hole set up looks better visually).
- Heavy-duty metal build ensures durability
- Can use both the aerated stream spout and spray mode simultaneously
- Pull-down spray for better reach
- Easy to maintain
- Faucet connectors may be short
- Bulky in size
By this time, you are probably wondering what is with these people and Kraus. Well, it is just that their faucets are perfect for a modern kitchen; so, we couldn’t help but put the Kraus KPF-1610SS on our list.
Yes, this is the third one from Kraus, but let us assure you one thing, you won’t regret looking into the details of the Kraus KPF-1610SS.
Well, as you have seen previously that most of the products offer retractable hoses. Nonetheless, Bolden also features retractable spray heads; however, this one is 20-inches long, smooth, and convenient to pull down from its spout.
Thus, you can almost cover your entire kitchen with this lengthy flexible hose.
Durability and Design
The body of the faucet features a sturdy lead-free, heavy-duty build. It also uses a top-notch ceramic disc, which enables it to remain leak-free for years.
On the other hand, the product is 18-inches long in height, and it is compatible with most kitchen sinks. It also features an industrial coil design for further convenience.
Installation and Maintenance
The installation process has been made easier for users, and DIY enthusiasts, as the product also comes with 22-inches waterlines, which are preassembled from the beginning. You will also receive some mounting holes for a smoother setup.
Afterward, with the help of the Easy Clean feature, you can clean the nozzles with the touch of your finger. The surface of the product is also able to spot resist; thus, you don’t need to maintain it regularly.
The faucet offers two different modes for water delivery. You can use the aerated stream for filling pots, rinsing or cleaning.
On top of that, Smart Handle enables you to control the flow of the water and temperature easily. The faucet can also swivel in 180-degrees, assuring effective cleaning.
- A lengthy retractable hose
- Can fit in most sinks due to its unique design
- Preassembled waterlines make it easy to set up
- Multifunctional water effect
- Plastic screw connects the spray head and the hose
- Goes back to stream mode after every use (doesn’t remain in the spray setting)
If you are looking for something decent, which offers the basic functions and comes at a reasonable price, then we suggest you go for the Delta 21996LF-OB kitchen sink faucet.
Unlike the Peerless faucet, the Delta 21996LF comes with a powerful side sprayer, which can assist you in rinsing or cleaning things with convenience. This side sprayer comes with a lengthy retractable hose; thus, you will have the luxury to wash up hard-to-reach places.
So, alongside an aerated stream, you will also have a sprayer head to deal with kitchen messes.
Durability and Design
It is not the most durable product on the market yet; it is quite sturdy due to its metal construction. It may not resist critical blows, but it can withstand minor thumps and corrosion.
So, if you keep the product in proper maintenance, it won’t wear out easily.
On the other hand, the faucet has a pretty simple design. However, the high-arc swan-neck adds a classical touch to its look. Additionally, the spout is able to rotate in 360-degrees, making cleaning much easier and more convenient.
With the help of the Two-Handle design, the task of controlling the temperature becomes seamless. You will have the right balance of hot and cold water. Thus, you never have to worry about accidentally scalding your hands.
One of the reasons that make the faucet a top-tier product is its price. It is cheaper than most standard items on the market. Its budget-friendly price makes it amiable to the general customers.
Whatever you say, it is really hard to find something that is efficient and cheap these days.
- Classical design can look elegant with a regular sink
- Handy and lengthy side spray feature
- High-performing and budget-friendly
- Spout pivots 360-degrees for smooth cleaning
- It is difficult to set up without any plumber
- The knobs are a little delicate
Pull Out vs Pull Down Faucets
There is not much difference in terms of advantages between a pull-down faucet and a pull-out faucet.> However, there are some slight things that may or may not concern you. If it does, then make sure to check this section out.
The pull-down faucets come with much taller spouts, and you can bring it down to the sink or near the cleaning area. However, it means that you have to be careful about your limited overhead space.
If you have a deep sink or plan to provide thorough rinsing, then a pull-down faucet is a better choice. The water pressure is often much greater in such faucets because of their design.
Furthermore, the pull-down faucets are less prone to face kinks because it can only move downwards.> Nevertheless, it also implies that you are giving away the flexibility feature to gain water pressure and durability.
A pull-out faucet comes with a pull-out spout or spray head and is, therefore, easier to maneuver due to its flexible hose. They come with a longer hose than the pull-down kitchen faucets, and you can move them in different directions.
So, if you have double sinks or want to work outside your sink, the pull-out faucet sprouts are what you should be aiming for. Furthermore, it reduces the amount of splash produced while cleaning or rinsing.
Whether you’re setting up a brand new kitchen or just want to upgrade the decor of your current kitchen, a kitchen faucet is a must thing to upgrade.
But before you buy yourself a faucet to your liking, there are a lot of things to consider. Choosing a new one for your kitchen shouldn’t be an effortless task for you. You should have a list of factors to consider.
I will provide you just that. I will present to you a detailed guide on things to consider when buying a new faucet. These factors will help you make better decisions when choosing the most appropriate one for your kitchen.
Repair And Installation
Most of them are designed in a manner that makes them easier for you to install on your own. But sometimes you may get confused about how to install a kitchen faucet on your own.
If you are even 1% non-confident about installing a faucet, I suggest you call up a plumber. But fitting it yourself will be less costly for you. Also, keep in mind that the faucet parts should be available locally if you ever need to replace or repair them.
Types of Faucets
There are mainly two kinds of faucets available for kitchens, single-handle and two-handled. But there are also other varieties with features specific to different types of kitchens. Here is a list of faucets available in the market and some factors to consider when buying them. This will help you in choosing one perfect for your kitchen.
- Single-handle Models: If the faucet is set near a window ledge, make sure it is set at a distance. This allows the faucet to be rotated with ease, and without any obstruction in the way. Also, make sure the backsplash is as less as possible by setting it at a mid-level height. Single-handle faucets take up less space than two-handled faucets. Single lever faucets look the finest when set at the center of the sink.
- Two-Handle Moles: These types of faucets have two handles. One of the handles is to make hot water flow out and the other one is for cold water. They can either be set up on the faucet’s base plate or can be mounted on a wall behind the sink separately. Sprayers usually come separately with them. Two handles allow temperature adjustment for the water to be more accurate.
- Pull-out and pull-down Models: These faucets have heads or spouts that can be pulled out and down from the faucet. This helps you to clean vegetables and dishes more accurately. You can also use the spray hose to clean the sink itself.
- Bar Faucets: These faucets are for smaller separate sinks in your kitchen. They come in handy when there are two cooks in the kitchen, who need their own separate space to cook and clean. These faucets can also be connected to a hot or cold water dispenser. They are also available in styles similar to any main faucet.
- Hands-free: These are highly advanced faucets with motion sensors in the front that allow you to turn it on and off with the touch or motion of your hand. If your hands are full or messy, you can easily turn the water flow on with a touch of your hand. But do make sure they have some kind of switch that can convert your hands-free faucet to manual mode. Manual mode will prevent you from turning it on and off accidentally.
- Pot-filler: As the name suggests, these faucets are used to fill up pots or clean them. These types of faucets are basically used in restaurant kitchens. Nowadays pot-filler faucets are also available for home kitchens. They usually have arms that have articulation to move aside when not in use.
The number of sinks holes
When upgrading to a new faucet, always remember to check the sinkholes. Your faucet should match with the sinkholes it requires to flush out the water waste. Some faucets like one-piece faucets need a single hole for the spray head and a totally separate hole for the handle. But if you are installing a new sink for the first time, you can put any number of holes you desire. The most commonly found sinkholes are:
- Single-hole: This is the right sinkhole for single-lever faucets. This is the most commonly found sinkhole.
- Two-hole: These are for two-handled faucets. The second hole is usually for a spray handle, second handle or a soap dispenser.
- Three-hole: For faucets with three handles. One hole is for the main faucet, the other two are usually for hot and cold water respectively.
- Four-hole: These types of sinkholes are found in most traditional-style kitchens. It has separate holes for extra things like soap dispensers or lotion bottles.
Faucets have to be mounted, either on a wall behind the sink or on the sink itself. You will have to choose the right faucet mounting style according to your kitchen and sink. There are, as far as I know, 3 types of faucet mounting holes in the market.
- Wall Mounting: These types of faucets have no connection with the sink. They are mounted on the wall above the sink, making it simpler for you to fill up large pots and vessels. These types of faucet mountings are perfect for sinks that have no holes or under-mounted sinks.
- Deck Plate Mounting: A deck plate is placed at the base of a faucet. It can be used to install single-hole faucets with sinks that have 2 or 3 holes. The deck plate mount also has a soap dispenser already added, so you don’t have to buy one extra. This is a very commonly used mounting for a new kitchen faucet.
- Non-Deck Plate Mounting: These kinds of faucets have no deck plates and have to be mounted according to the holes on your sink. As each part of the faucet is directly mounted, it can be replaced easily. The installation process is a bit difficult, though, as you need to fit each faucet part separately.
Try to buy faucets which have aerators. Aerators mix up water with a bit of air, which gives out a better flow. Aerators actually help save water up to 40-50 percent. Faucets with upgradeable Aerators are the most economically convenient, as you can change them from time to time with a better performing aerator.
These come in different types of finishes. Some are very budget-friendly. Some are very expensive, yet make your kitchen décor look more extravagant. Try to choose a finish that is easy to clean and maintain. Some of the most commonly found faucet finishes in the market are:
- Copper: This type of finish gives your faucet and the overall kitchen a rich feeling. It also has some anti-bacterial quality to it. It also is a very robust finish and has self-healing abilities.
- Oil-Rubbed Venetian Bronze: This is a more traditional finish. You will realize that Venetian bronze is very easy to clean finish and also easy to replace if ever needed.
- Polished-brass: This finish gives your kitchen a more vintage look. It is one of all-time favorites. These finishes last the longest and need minimum care.
- PVD Finish: PVD or physical vapor deposition finish is a bit costly, but prevents the faucet from corroding or rusting.
- Chrome: One of the popular finishing of the product this the chrome finish. This is because chrome finishes are cheap to make.
Water Filtration System
Make sure your kitchen faucet has a good water filtration system. If the water coming out from the faucet is filtered each time it comes out, it stays bacteria and germs-free.
Check your water lines
Always make sure your water lines are in perfect condition and go with the faucet you are buying. It is good to change the shut-off valves of your water lines before buying or replacing a kitchen faucet. Always be careful about the size of your faucet and the size of your water pipe. They should be matching each other accurately.
Water Flow Rate
Well, having a precise amount of water flow is very important. The flow rate of your pipes should be compatible with the flow rate of your faucet. If it is not, then your product may be vulnerable to different issues.
You can use a restrictor to keep the air and water flow in check. However, it is useful to have a faucet that features powerful water flow as it makes the cleaning and rinsing process more convenient.
On the other hand, These are extremely beneficial in reducing water consumption. They are efficient in terms of controlling the flow; however, some standard products can do quite the contrary.
It may seem annoying, but kitchen faucets are rather expensive than most products. Most of the items on our list are quite costly; even the ones that are cheap are also pricey for most people.
However, you have to make amends with it because if you go for inexpensive ones, then chances are you are going to have leaks, bends, corrosion, and different sorts of problems only after a few months of water usage.
Although there are some products that come at a cheaper rate for people who are on a tight budget; however, they may not provide a vast number of functionalities like the expensive ones, but they are decent enough to keep you satisfied.
Therefore, choose a faucet according to your budget and your needs.
Top Kitchen Faucet Brands
This is the most important factor to consider when buying a kitchen faucet. Sometimes a brand will seal the deal for you when buying a new faucet. The kitchen faucet brands that I have mentioned below are the leading out there. Other brands aren’t this durable or high-quality.
This company is proof that only those who risk can succeed. Danze Faucet may not be as famous as Kohler, but their top-quality products are on a par with those of Kohler. In addition, Danze is really one-of-a-kind.
Danze is a company that actually listens to what its customers say (can you imagine that?). That being said, the Danze support team is ready to help you out should you have any questions. Thanks to the responsive and attentive support team, Danze has improved their products in order to bring high-quality to their loyal customers. It’s not like their products were of bad quality, it’s just that Danze could have done much more than that.
It seems like this company got bored with classic faucets, so they wanted to try something new. They designed eye-catching yet highly functional faucets in order to shake things up in the faucet world. And they certainly did so!
What customers appreciate about Danze faucets is the quality. Namely, the quality of products isn’t compromised for an eye-popping design. In fact, their products are durable, sturdy and on top of all, reasonably priced. So, anyone who wants a unique and reliable kitchen faucet yet doesn’t want to spend a fortune on it, opt for Danze faucets.
We’re not telling that these products are flawless. Of course, there is always something to be improved. Still, Danze faucets certainly provide good value for the money. You can contact customer service just in case your faucet becomes defective before the lifetime warranty is over.
Even though AquaSource is one of the less familiar brands, their kitchen faucets are of good quality. AquaSource is great for those on a budget. In the price range from $30 to $100, their products are surprisingly durable.
Not only are they made of sturdy materials, but they are also well-designed. Because of that, you won’t have to worry about the water won’t drip from the faucet. Also, the single handle won’t get loose after a while.
AquaSource provides a straightforward installation process to sell its products. Most of their products are so easy to install since their parts come pre-assembled. It is especially significant if you aren’t so handy when it comes to installations.
A feature that can be found on most AquaSource faucets is the Water-saving 1.5 GPM aerator. So, if you want to contribute to the environment, their taps will help you with that. That this company cares about their customers, prove ADA compliant faucets, which are safer and more convenient to use by someone who has limited mobility.
Overall, the Products of AquaSource are affordable, durable, and practical. If you want to shop wisely, this is the way to go.
Delta Faucets are undoubtedly one of the most innovative faucets on the market. This company shows that even simple, everyday tasks such as cleaning your dishes can be done in a style. The Delta faucet combines everything one would want from a faucet – durability, top-notch performance, and a gorgeous look.
The Delta faucet is well-known for its thoughtful features and spectacular designs. Some of those features are:
- ShieldSpray Technology- This technology creates a water shield for easy and neat removal of stubborn stains.
- SpotShield Technology – The spot resists stainless technology is used in some finishes for both kitchen and bath faucets. This clever technology contributes to the durability and shine of your faucet as it resists to water stains and fingertips longer.
- Touch2O Technology – This technology takes cleaning the dishes to a whole new level. Simply touch any part of the handle or spout in order to start the water flow. This is very useful when you’re cooking.
DIAMOND Seal Technology – That “diamonds are a girl’s best friends” shows this technology. Kitchen taps with this technology will easily last you a lifetime while keeping their performance at a top-level thanks to the use of diamonds.
MagnaTite Docking – The magnetic docking feature allows you to clean pots and pans without any hassle. With a strong magnet, you can pull the faucet spray wand when you need to clean the dishes. On the other hand, when you don’t need a faucet spray wand anymore, the magnet will keep it in a place.
With different shapes, sizes, and finishes Delta kitchen faucets look gorgeous. Whether you choose a traditional, modern, or transitional faucet, it will certainly match your kitchen’s design and needs.
With all these technologies and high-quality designs, these products have a high price tag. But, we think it’s well worth it.
4. Glacier Bay
Glacier Bay Faucets are produced by Home Depot. They perform well and offer a solid quality. Still, they don’t cost an arm and a leg. If you don’t care whether the product is branded among Glacier Bay faucets you can find what you need.
The first thing worth mentioning about this brand is an easy installation. With simple and concise instructions, you can install Glacier Bay Faucet at the focal point of your kitchen in less than 20 minutes>. Now, that’s what we call a fast installation.
Apart from quick and simple installation, they come in a few colors to choose from – Stainless steel, Chrome, and Venetian bronze.> Thanks to that, finding a kitchen faucet that will match your kitchen style will be a breeze.
Besides, Glacier Bay produces different styles, from a single handle to a pull-down faucet. Speaking of that, if you’re looking for a pull-down faucet, feel free to check the one coming from this name. Considering pull-down faucets are very expensive, the Glacier Bay Pull-down models work like a charm.
On top of all, these faucets come with a drip-free ceramic disc cartridge. That way, there will be no leaks. For the price, these items are as good as they get.
VIGO is a relatively new manufacturer in the world of faucets. It seems like this company has a clear goal of delivering high-quality products. VIGO faucets haven’t still reached the peak of popularity, but they will, due to their quality and high performance.
VIGO understands that some customers love traditional styles, while others prefer something more courageous. That’s why they offer an array of faucets, including those with a futuristic design.
The interesting thing about VIGO faucets is they come with matching deck plates. Both valves and deck plates are made in the same factory so that their finishes match perfectly. It is one more proof that VIGO leaves nothing to chance and wants to deliver functional and appealing faucets.
If you always loved the idea of owning a classy faucet, but you’ve never had the money to afford it, well, now you have VIGO faucets. You can finally buy a stylish and fancy faucet and add charm to your kitchen. After all, you can do that at a fraction of the cost.
Thanks to the use of the latest technology, Brizo faucets are the brand that won’t disappoint.
Here’s a quick overview of Brizo’s unique features. The technology used in designing it> ensures that there’s no calcium buildup so the water flows continuously.
Likewise, Brizo faucets use H2O Kinetic Technology. This technology reduces water consumption by a total of 50%. Quite impressive, huh?
Finally, Brizo faucets are simple to install due to the cleverly designed parts. Brizo faucets come in a variety of designs and colors, so it’s possible to choose from fashionable styles to those more classic ones.
When it comes to the price, Brizo faucets are a bit on the pricey side. However, customers are satisfied with the overall quality so they don’t mind spending a bit more than planned. In the end, it’s the functionality that matters, not the money you spent.
And now it’s time for one and only – the Kohler Company. Kohler is one of the oldest manufacturers in this field, as it has been in business since 1873. With such a long history, it’s no wonder that this company offers the highest-rated products on the market.
What makes Kohler stand out from its competitors is constant growth. The company is still striving towards improvements and doesn’t plan to settle down. Its mission is to touch hundreds of lives by delivering gracious products, including kitchen faucets. With more than 30, 000 Kohler associates as well as 50 manufacturing locations, this company had established its place in the world of bath and kitchen accessories.
As for its faucets, they are made with sophistication in mind. With an elegant design and bold finish, Kohler faucets indeed make a difference.
What’s more, the KOHLER K-596-CP Simplice Kitchen Faucet is Amazon’s Choice. This unit is an example of unparalleled performance and durability that Kohler’s faucets offer. But, customers also appreciate the ease of use of these faucets. A sturdy construction, convenient design, and MasterClean sprayface (that prevents mineral and scale buildup) make an easy job of washing your baby or cleaning your dishes.
Taking all these features into account, Kohler faucets come at a reasonable price. So, if you want to make a wise investment, we suggest you buy kohler k-596.
- PULL-DOWN KITCHEN FAUCET: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to complete other kitchen tasks.
- 3-FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream, Boost, and Sweep Spray technologies. Boost allows you to increase flow rate by 30%. Sweep Spray has angled nozzles that create a powerful blade to clean your dishes and sink.
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water hook-up. 1- or 3-hole installation with escutcheon/deck plate included.
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: DockNetic magnetic docking system securely locks the sprayhead into place
- MADE TO LAST: Ceramic disc valves exceed industry standards of longevity, performance that is made to last the life in your kitchen
Kraus believes that “Our home is our private spa”. So, their team works hard to give us full relaxation at our home. Their creativity and compassion make Kraus one of the leading companies in Bath and Kitchen accessories. If you want to turn your home into an oasis, you need to start with the faucet, since you use it a few times a day.
Kraus faucets are a combination of advanced technology and deluxe materials/parts.
The first thing we love about them is natural flow control. Thanks to that, there won’t be any mess around your sink when cleaning the dishes. The next one is lead-free construction. It ensures that a faucet lasts you for years to come, without losing its quality.
Lastly, a spout swivels so as to give you access to hard-to-reach parts of your sink.
Kraus faucets look magnificent because the accent is in detail. With their timeless style, they illuminate kitchens around the world. If you decide to buy one of these units, you’ll surely be proud to have it in your home.
This company has been operating since 1947. Moen is one of the most recognized faucet brands for kitchen and bath products, with a good reason.> They are dedicated to enhancing the quality of our lives. Every product they make is based on that principle.
Moen received numerous awards for their work. Some of them are:
- Partners of Choice Award
- 2017 Awards for Design Excellence
- BUILDINGS 2017 Top Money-Saving Products
- Top 100 Newest Products of 2016
What sets this company apart is the top-notch design of faucets. The faucets are designed in such a way that they offer smooth operation, yet have a powerful rinse.
In addition, Moen LifeShine Finishes won’t corrode and tarnish. That way, your faucet will look new for years to come. And if you’ve had doubts about these products, it’s time to end that.
All Moen products feature a Limited lifetime warranty against drips and leaks. This makes their products one of the most reliable ones right now. From pull-down to high arc, to deck mount faucet, to single mount faucet, Moen can provide extensive options.
This company is professional and cares about the customer’s satisfaction. That’s why their customer support is patient, kind, and always ready to help.
In today’s world when most companies care more about the numbers of sold items than their clients, it’s definitely nice to have Moen by your side.
Pfister is a company that excels in quality. Their faucets are the result of advanced techniques, strict testing, and creativity.
Some faucets feature a Tri-Flow technology so you can choose among a full aerated stream mode, eco-rinse, and power spray wand. Then again, some faucets come with fixed hubs so that you can smoothly rotate the handle. On the other hand, you can choose electronic pull-down designs if you prefer a touch-free operation.
All Pfister faucets are simple to install, which definitely adds to their popularity. Pfister faucets come in a collection of colors, shapes, and sizes, making sure everyone finds their match.
Since this company stands behind its products, Pfister faucets come with a leak-free promise as well as a finish/function guarantee.
What makes this company one of the most successful, is a team of professionals. If you have any doubts or questions about a certain product, just contact customer service.
Folks at customer service are knowledgeable and highly professional. Not only will they promptly assist you, but they will also give you enough info so that you make an educated decision on buying a certain model.
GROHE is the leader in kitchen and bath products. The company is based in Germany, so the products are also made there, guaranteeing a top-notch quality. GROHE’s success is established by 250 awards in innovation and design.
In addition to that, GROHE is the number three company on “Germany’s most sustainable major companies of 2015” list.
The key to a happy life lies in the balance. That’s exactly the characteristic of GROHE faucets. These faucets are perfectly balanced, so they offer high-quality, superior design and premium technology. But, their top models are a real refreshment for our homes. For example, GROHE Blue Professional Faucets feature a high-quality filter, so that you can finally enjoy the taste of tap water. GROHE faucets are universal, and attractive, so as to fit the different needs and desires of customers across the world.
Hansgrohe has been in business since 1901. That being said, this company has come a long way to create top-notch bathroom and kitchen products. This company is focused on creating perfection since that’s what your home deserves.
Hansgrohe received more than 500 awards in worldwide design competitions, making it the number one in the bathroom faucets field.
What makes this company so successful is its responsibility. Apart from bringing high-quality faucets, this company is dedicated to social issues. They support all kinds of ecological and social projects.
Hansgrohe faucets are known for their simple yet modern design. The faucets are made of premium materials and come with an ergonomic spray. With a 150-degree swivel spout and ceramic disc cartridge, these faucets are a pleasure to use. They are durable and don’t create chaos around your sink.
When it comes to the installation, Hansgrohe faucets are easy to install due to the mounting hardware.
13. Kingston Brass
This company has been creating bathroom faucets and kitchen products ever since 1998. They are driven by aesthetics and functionality, hence they are always perfecting their products.
If you’re after an extraordinary faucet design, you can definitely find that here.> From one handle faucets to center set faucets, to wall mount faucets, this brand has quite an impressive selection of products. Just to give you an idea of how large their selection is; they have more than 20, 000 items in their inventory.
Not only that, but Kingston Brass Faucets come in a variety of prices, some at about $30, while high-end models can be found under $700. Since this brand has something for everyone, Kingston Brass Faucets can be seen in numerous homes.
The above points I have mentioned are very important to follow before buying a new faucet or replacing one. But the most important factor is choosing the right faucet that you find beautiful and suitable for your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which kitchen faucet should be perfect for me?
There are a few questions to answer: How much do you want to spend? Are you replacing a faucet or are installing a new sink and faucet? Do you need a single-handle, two-handle, high arc, or pull-out faucet and pull-down faucet?
The kitchen sink faucet you choose should definitely match the holes in your existing sink. Otherwise, the faucet will be useless. Also, you need to find a kitchen sink faucet that will match the size of your sink. Don’t choose a small faucet for a large sink, and vice versa.
If possible, buy a branded faucet, since they offer unparalleled quality, performance, and durability. They also usually come with a lifetime warranty.
2. Which faucet spout style should I buy?
Well, this depends on what you want and how large a faucet you need.
There are four most common spout styles: traditional kitchen sink faucet, bridge, high arc, pull-down design, and pull-out design.
The traditional style faucets are compact and most affordable. That’s why they are used in so many homes. But, they aren’t practical when washing big pots and pans. Pull-out kitchen faucets and pull-down spray faucets come with various spray wand patterns that you can control. They are modern and add a nice touch to the kitchen. But, they are also much pricier than traditional faucets.
High arc spray faucets> are ideal for washing large dishes and for a deep sink. Thanks to their elegant design, they add a unique touch to the kitchen sink. These faucets cost anywhere between $200 and $600. Bridge faucets can be complicated to install, due to their bridge style. They usually require a few holes, so make sure to check that before buying.
3. How many holes do I need for kitchen sink faucet installation?
In case you are replacing the faucet in the present kitchen sink, check how many holes there already are. You’ll probably find between 1 and 4 holes. The number of holes determines which type of kitchen sink faucet can be installed.
If you need to install a kitchen sink and new facet, first you need to decide which type of sink (yes, there are different sinks) you want to install.
4. Which handle is most usable for a kitchen faucet?
Single handle faucets are most popular for the kitchen, such as the Delta 9192T-SSSD-DST. However, you can use the two-handle faucets if you are looking for features that are not found in single-hand faucets.
- TOUCH ON. TOUCH OFF. Messy hands? Touch anywhere on the kitchen spout with your wrist or forearm to start and stop the flow of water or use the single lever handle manually. Check your water temperature from across the room using the TempSense LED indicator light that changes color to reflect water temperature
- MAGNETIC DOCKING. MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it stays docked and doesn’t droop over time like other kitchen faucets
- LASTS 2X LONGER. Patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard—ensuring leak-free operation for the life of the kitchen faucet (Industry standard is based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles)
- POWERFUL SPRAY. ShieldSpray Technology cuts through stubborn messes with a powerful stream of water inside a protective sphere that contains the splatter, so you can spend less time soaking and scrubbing with an average of 90% less splatter than a standard spray
- EASY INSTALLATION. Designed to fit single-hole, 2, 3 or 4-hole, 8-in. configurations. Everything you need is together in one box, including an optional deck plate for 3 or 4-hole installation, soap dispenser, and InnoFlex PEX supply lines that are integrated into the faucet for one less leak point
5. Are Kitchen Faucets pricey?
If you are on a budget and want to buy a decent kitchen sink faucet, you need to spend at least $40. On the other hand, there are high-end models that cost above $700 but are worth every penny. So, if you are finding the better one for you, sorry to disappoint you that won’t be cheap. But it’s not like you’ll be buying a new one every year. We suggest you invest a bit more and get a good kitchen sink faucet so that you have peace of mind. It’s also advisable that you go for a kitchen sink faucet that has a lifetime warranty.
6. My kitchen sink faucet handle is not easy to operate. What do I do in this case?
If you’re handy enough, you can try to reset the handle with a hex wrench.
Another option is to call a plumber to check the handle. He will know what to do. He might even change the existing handle with a new one.
Before choosing a kitchen faucet, you might come across about a million choices or so. This will certainly confuse you. I have listed the product in my reviews above, basically to clear those confusions.
When you are going through so many products, make sure you are absolutely sure about the finish and type you are buying for your kitchen. Also, make sure you have the right tools in hand if you want to install a kitchen sink faucet by yourself.
Some of the designs and kitchen sink faucet types I’ve come across while reviewing the products are truly astounding. They are innovative, elegant, and unique in every way. There are some that show water spots clearer than others. The ones mentioned in my review will not only save water but keep your water bill low. These kitchen sink faucets are from trusted brands, which for years have transformed the look of different kitchens.
I am sure you will not regret buying these faucets, as they come with some brilliant features and designs. Hoping my in-depth faucet review was helpful for you and you will find the desired kitchen faucet suitable for your kitchen. Happy kitchen sink faucets hunting everyone!