Do you want a multifunctional appliance that you can use for microwaving, cooking, and convection? There are many excellent convection microwave ovens like the top-rated Panasonic NE-1054F countertop commercial oven, which can easily replace a traditional oven and be used for preparing any type of food.
These space-saving appliances are perfect for small kitchens, for RVs, or for people who want to invest in a single and yet combination oven instead of in three or more different appliances.
With a good-quality convection microwave, you can easily bake, roast, grill, broil, defrost, reheat, and cook your favorite meals every day.
You can choose between the countertop, over the range, or built-in options available on the market, depending on your space and preferences.
Best Convection Microwave Oven
Read on to find out everything you need to know about convection microwave ovens in 2022, just below.
For a deeper comparison of those two appliances, to help your decision check our guide Microwave vs Convection Oven: Which Is Better For You?
Panasonic Countertop Commercial Microwave Oven with 10 Programmable Memory
The Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless Steel Countertop commercial microwave is the best convection microwave oven money can buy in 2022.
Thanks to the fact that Panasonic made and designed this microwave for use in professional kitchens and has had it NSF approved, it means that it has no spinning carousel and no moving elements inside the oven, which makes it much easier to clean and much more durable than regular microwave ovens.
The Panasonic NF-1054F has a small footprint and an overall size of 12 (H) x 20 1/8 (W) x 16 3/4 (D) inches, and a compact inner size of 8 1/16 (H) x 13 (W) x 13 (D). the oven weighs 34 lbs.
The capacity of the oven cavity is 0.8 cubic feet, so you can fit large casserole dishes, dinner plates, glass bowls, and other kitchenware.
It works at 1000 watts of high power and has a unique bottom energy feed system, which allows for the heat to move faster from the source to the food, for faster and much more efficient cooking.
The convection microwave oven has an easy-to-view and uses a control panel with a touch control keypad with added braille for convenient use even by the visually impaired.
It has 20 different preset menus to choose from and 10 memory pads to create your own cooking programs.
You can cook all kinds of meals, desserts, and beverages in 2 or 3 stages of cooking and at one of the six available power levels.
You can also set the timer to up to 99 minutes and 99 seconds.
The handle of this pro-range convection microwave oven has a sturdy grab-and-go design for easy and quick access and increase longevity.
The door of this wonderful countertop microwave is glass, and thanks to the internal light, you can keep an eye on the food without having to open the oven and stop the cooking process.
This top-quality convection microwave oven also has a self-diagnostic function, tone control, an anti-theft component, and chef technical support for any questions you may have.
Since the Panasonic NF-1054F was designed and made for professional use and thus withstand continuous all-day use, you can be pretty sure that it will be able to handle your home cooking jobs, no matter how complicated and long they are.
It has a stainless steel face, which looks great, is easy to clean, and is corrosion-resistant.
For the price, it is offered at, for its ease of cleaning, as well as its power output and multiple features, the Panasonic NF1054F commercial countertop microwave definitely deserves first place on our list.
Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
This stainless steel microwave is designed to provide easy access and save space by being installed above your regular oven instead of placed on the kitchen countertop.
It is a perfect option for smaller kitchens, RVs, and other limited spaces.
It has a contemporary design and an incredibly interactive display, which is located at an eye-level viewing height and is very easy to understand and set, even for those who are not too tech-savvy.
It has a large capacity of 1.1 cubic feet, which makes it suitable for all kinds of meals and kitchen wear.
The external dimensions of the Sharp R1874T are 29 15/16 x 16 11/32 x 15 9/32 inches, and its internal size is 13 13/16 x 8 1/16 x 17 1/8 inches. It weighs 72 lbs.
The superb convection microwave oven has a 13-inch turntable for even heating and cooking.
The large display has 2 colors and 7 digits, with smart and easy sensor settings. It has an interactive cooking system, as well as a nifty custom help key, which you can use easily to find the one for your needs.
The Sharp combination oven has a 4-way convection system for preparing delicious and evenly cooked meals quickly and easily.
The oven is 850 watts and can be used for baking, broiling, roasting, crisping, and browning.
The appliance has a built-in exhaust which allows for vertical, horizontal, or for ductless recirculation so your kitchen will remain odor and fume-free no matter what you are preparing.
The multifunctional and space-saving convection microwave oven by Sharp is sold with a 10-year limited warranty on all major parts and components, which makes it one of the wisest long-term investments you can make for a kitchen appliance.
Best budget-friendly option
Emerson 1.2 CU. FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven with Touch Control
This is an affordable, powerful, and rugged microwave that you can use separately as a convection oven whenever you need to.
The appliance has a large 1.2 cubic foot capacity but is also available in even larger capacity versions of 1.5 and 1.6 cubic feet.
It has a heavy-duty design with a sturdy black cabinet and a stainless steel metal front.
The Emerson microwave has an easy-to-use and views control panel. It has 9 preprogrammed cooking menus for popcorn, potatoes, frozen pizza, frozen vegetables, dinner chicken, dinner beef, and dinner pork and for beverages.
The inexpensive convection microwave oven has 11 microwave power levels as well as a pure grill option.
Its 2-in-1 cooking technology makes it perfect for heating up as well as for grilling and cooking meats and vegetables, as well as many other meals and food products.
It also features an efficient defrost feature, which allows you to defrost all kinds of frozen foods by simply adding the weight of the food or by picking your own defrosting time.
It also has a convenient and easy-to-set times and a time display.
The countertop microwave has a power wattage of 1100 watts.
The outer dimensions of the unit are 21.8 (W) x 21.7 (D) x 13 (H) inches, and it has a 345mm glass turntable, which you can easily remove for quick and easy cleaning. The overall weight of the microwave is 36 lbs.
The Emerson 1.2 cubic foot microwave also has a child safety lockout feature to keep your kids safe when you are using it.
The reasonably priced convection oven has an internal light, so you can see how the meal is getting prepared without having to stop the cooking and opening the door.
So, overall, this useful and multifunctional convection microwave oven is an excellent choice available at an even better price.
The rest of the best
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SD945S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In
This microwave oven by Panasonic features the Panasonic Inverter Technology, which produces a powerful and consistent stream of power at any chosen temperature setting. This technology ensures that all meals are cooked evenly with no hot or cold spots and also makes the cooking process faster.
With the help of the innovative Inverter Technology, you can cook even the most delicate ingredients gently and without overcooking them.
Also, thanks to this technology, the color and nutrients, and texture of the food are retained for mouthwatering results.
The 1200 watt microwave oven has 18 automatic preset cooking options to save you time and eliminate guesswork when preparing your favorite dishes. Some of the preset cooking options include oatmeal, quinoa, omelet, frozen pizza, frozen entrees, potatoes, white and brown rice, ground meat, fresh vegetables, stew, frozen pocket sandwich, and more.
The Panasonic NN-SD945S is designed and built to provide you with the maximum cooking capacity of 2.2 cubic ft., but without taking up too much of your precious countertop space. It can also be built-in in a 27-inch cabinet opening.
The appliance has intuitive one-touch controls and a removable 15-inch turntable.
It also has numerous useful features, including a Turbo Defrost, a Keep Warm, 10 power levels, Delay Start, Quick 30 seconds, a child lock, a timer, and more.
The appliance is 19.94 x 22.38 x 14 inches in size and weighs 37 lbs. It is made of 18/8 stainless steel, which not only makes it more durable but gives it a very contemporary and sleek appearance too.
BLACK+DECKER EM036AB14 Digital Microwave Oven
This convection microwave oven costs a fraction of what other ovens of this range do and yet has all the functions you need from a combination oven.
- It comes in versions with a 1.4 cubic feet capacity or in smaller 0.7, 0.9, and 1.1 cubic foot options.
- A clean stainless steel design
- Pre-programmed cooking options including popcorn, frozen vegetable, pizza, potato, and dinner plate
- 1000 watts
- There are 10 power settings
- A 30-second express cooking option
- A timer and clock
- Easy to read control panel with a large LED display
- A child safety lock
- A removable 12.4-inch glass turntable for easy cleaning
- Push-button door for quick and easy access
- The size of the oven outside is 20.4 (W) x 16.9 (D) x 12.4 (H) inches
- The internal dimensions are 1.382 (W) x 15.98 (D) x 9.80 (H) inches
- UL approved
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
- Available at a very affordable price
Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave oven with Convection
The Toshiba EC042A5C-SS microwave oven with convection is a stylish and versatile countertop appliance, which can easily replace the bulkier and more expensive oven and stovetop in your kitchen.
The reasonably priced convection microwave has a 1.5 cubic feet interior and is made of premium stainless steel on the outside and on the inside.
The microwave has a power output of 1000 watts and 10 power settings you can choose from via the intuitive one-touch control panel on the front.
It has a bright digital display with a clock and a kitchen timer set.
Thanks to its built-in convection function, you can use it as a regular microwave oven but also for roasting and baking too.
The Toshiba convection microwave has a pre-programmed sensor menu, which will automatically adjust the temperature and the cooking time for some of the most popular dishes and foods, such as vegetables, frozen pizza, potatoes, and more.
It also has an Auto Bake, Auto Roast, Sensor Cook, Sensor Reheat, Auto Defrost, Time Defrost, Warm Hold, Popcorn, and even a customizable option to save your preferred temperature and time settings for future use.
It has a power-saving eco mode and also a safety lock to keep the kids safe and away from toggling the settings.
The compact convection microwave has a 13.6-inch turntable and a LED cavity light so you can keep an eye on the food as it is cooking without opening the door.
Its size is 15.5 (W) x 15.35 (D) x 10.2 (H) inches, and it weighs 30.4 lbs.
The versatile convection microwave by Toshiba is sold with a 1-year warranty by the manufacturer.
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor
The Panasonic NN-SN936B is another countertop model by the Japanese manufacturer featuring the patented inverter technology and with multiple functions which will allow you to prepare delicious and precisely cooked meals every time.
- Available in black or white color options
- Made of durable aluminum and with a sleek design
- There are two versions with two capacities: 1.6 and 2.2 cubic feet
- It has the patented Inverter Technology by Panasonic
- A Turbo defrost function for faster defrosting
- A thinner and lighter design to save countertop space without limiting the capacity of the oven
- Genius sensor smart cooking feature which adjusts the settings according to the food type
- 14 preprogrammed auto cooking settings including soup, frozen vegetables, pizza, oatmeal, pasta, and more
- Easy and quick 1-touch controls for popcorn, turbo defrost, sensor reheat, and keep warm
- A delay start option and a timer
- Child safety lock
- A keep warm feature
- A clock
- The 2.2 cubic foot version is 19.44 x 23.88 x 14 inches in size and has internal dimensions of 10 15/16 (H) x 18 7/16 (W) x 18 3/4 (D) inches, and a 16 3/4 turntable, and weighs 37 lbs.
- The 1.6 cubic foot version is 19.44 x 21.88 x 11.94 inches, with internal dimensions of 9 (H) x 16 7/16 (W) x 18 3/4 (D) inches, and a 15 inch turntable
- The sound can be turned off.
Panasonic NN-SD975S Countertop or Built-In Microwave Oven
With its cyclonic wave microwave technology, this countertop microwave oven by Panasonic will cook any food evenly, quickly, and efficiently at all times.
- Sold in versions of 1.6 and 2.2 cubic feet capacities
- Contemporary aluminum design
- 1250 watt Cyclonic wave microwave inverter function, which circulates the heat in 3D for easy, precise, and even food preparation
- You can use the oven for poaching, steaming, and braising delicate foods
- 20 preset sensor cook menu items
- An inverter turbo defrost function
- A timer and a delayed start option
- Control of the cooking power and time as you cook
- A child safety lock
- A quick 30-second cooking button
- Popcorn button and 3 different cooking levels
- Lighter and more compact than other microwaves in this range
- A keep warm feature
- The 1.6 cubic foot capacity version has a 15-inch turntable that is 19.44 x 21.88 x 12 inches in size and weighs 31.1 lbs.
- The 2.2 cubic foot capacity version comes with a 16.5-inch turntable that is 19.44 x 23.88 x 14 inches and weighs 36.8 lbs.
- The microwave can be built in a cabinet, with a 27 or 30 inches trim kit by Panasonic
Sharp Carousel R-1881LSY Convection Microwave Oven
The Sharp carousel R-1881LSY is another superb over-the-range convection oven that will save you countertop space and functions highly efficiently as a microwave as well as a convection oven.
- A 1.1 cubic feet capacity
- It can be used for microwaving, roasting, broiling, baking, and convection
- It has 11 different power levels
- The convector has 10 temperature settings
- The size of the unit is 19 x 20 x 23 inches, and it weighs 71 lbs.
- The ceramic turntable is 13 inches in diameter.
- It has an easy to understand and use control panel with a 7 digit tow color display
- There are separate buttons for defrosting, keeping warm, auto start as well as a minute plus button
- 8 sensor cook settings, including reheat, popcorn, and others
- There is a clock and an easy to set a kitchen timer
- You can mute the audible alerts
- An 850-watt output for microwaving, and 1400 watt for convection
- A built-in 300 CFM exhaust system with a high and low fan speed option
- Incandescent light in the hood
Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor
The Toshiba EM131A5C-SS is another inexpensive and easy-to-use convection microwave oven that is available on the market at a very reasonable price and with as many functions as you may need from a small-sized countertop microwave.
- It is available in all-black and in stainless steel versions
- The oven has a preprogrammed cooking sensor menu for a one-touch start for popular foods like vegetables, pizza, potatoes, rice, reheating, defrosting, softening, and melting, as well as other custom options
- The sensor detects the steam quantity produced and adjusts the cooking time and power accordingly
- The microwave has 10 different power settings
- The control panel is easy to read and use a large touch panel with a display
- It also has a clock and timer function
- You can defrost food via the 1 pound defrost option or choose your own defrosting time.
- The size of the appliance is 20.5 (W) x 17.2 (D) x 12.8 (H) inches, and the turntable is 12.4 inches in diameter.
- The appliance is 34.6 lbs.
- The capacity of the oven is 1.2 cubic feet
- It has an 1100 watt power
- The buzzer can be muted
- The internal light stays on during the cooking for easy visibility and uninterrupted cooking.
- You can add another 30 seconds to the cooking time by pressing the start button while the microwave is cooking.
Related article: Most Recommended Frozen Pizza
As you can see, these useful appliances have been designed and made to make your life much easier and clutter-free.
The best convection microwave ovens for 2022 are compact, easy to use, well-built, and have multiple functionalities which allow them to replace a traditional oven, microwave, grill, and other bulkier kitchen appliances.
They are reliable, energy-efficient, user-friendly, and multifunctional cooking appliances which you can use for preparing all kinds of meals and beverages for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as snacks.
Hopefully, we have helped you find the perfect convection microwave oven for your needs, and you will be enjoying the convenience of your new microwave pretty soon!
- What are the pros and cons of Convection Microwave Ovens
- Advantages of a Convection Microwave Oven – Mountain High
- How to Cook Cookies in a Convection Microwave Oven | LEAFtv
- What Is a Convection Microwave? | Kitchn
- Baking in Microwave Oven or Microwave Convection
- What is a Convection microwave Oven?