Our parents and grandparents have raised most of us to perceive deep-fried foods as comfort foods. We must admit that deep-fried chicken, French fries, or fried cheese sticks are absolutely delicious!
The problem is that there are so many studies showing just how bad these foods can be for our health and wellbeing.
The reasons are that this type of food generally contains a lot of calories and Trans fats due to a large amount of vegetable or seed oil used for the deep frying as well as to the batter or flour used to coat the food prior to frying.
Think about it – a small baked potato contains 93 calories and zero fat, and the same amount in the form of French fries contains 319 calories and a whopping 17 grams of fat. So the difference is quite worrisome, right?
Apart from the calories which cause us to become overweight and thus lead to the development of some mild to severe chronic illnesses and conditions, deep-fried foods also contain Trans fats. These are a result of the hydrogenation which manufacturers add to the deep-fried products in order to increase their stability and shelf life. This process changes the structure of fats and makes it much more difficult for our bodies to break it down properly.
They are associated with heart disease, diabetes type II, metabolic syndrome, obesity, and the risk of developing certain types of cancers.
This is why today, people are looking for healthier options for preparing these favorite meals. One solution is the use of healthier oils, such as olive, coconut, or avocado oils for frying. Another is to cook fried foods with healthier alternative methods.
One of the best ones is the use of the growingly popular air fryers. These wonderful machines allow you to “fry” food in the hot air circulating inside and use up to 70-80% less oil for frying.
Still, the result is great, and you end up with fried food that is moist on the inside and crispy on the outside, and most importantly, is not unhealthy or threatening for your wellbeing.
So, if you want to be healthier, lose weight, and limit the risk of developing some of the most common diseases which are killing people in the US, moving on the using an air fryer could be one big step ahead towards your goals.
We have thoroughly reviewed and tested a large number of these ingenious cooking appliances and have compiled a list of the top air fryers for 2022 to help you make a choice when picking one.
Features we have looked at include their capacity, size, temperature levels, timers, safety features, and of course their ability to fry food properly, their functionality and ease of use, the accessories included, and the price.
If you are ready to throw out that old deep oil fryer but still want to enjoy some delicious fried meals at home take a look at our reviews. Hopefully, we can help you find the perfect product which will help you and your family become healthier, leaner and will reduce the risk of a number of severe diseases.
Air Fryer 3.4Qt / 3.2L 1500-Watt Electric Hot XL Air Fryers Oven
You will have full control over what you are cooking thanks to the modifiable temperature control from 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It uses very little oil and instead cooks the food via hot air and rapid hot air circulation. This means much fewer calories and Trans fats and much healthier and delicious snacks and meals for you and your family.
- It uses hot air and rapid hot air for healthy food preparation
- Features a grill on top for preparing an even healthier meal
- A large basket with a capacity of 3.2 liters and a diameter of 7.5 inches and a height of 4.25 inches. It can fit snacks or a main meal for the entire family
- An auto shut of a 60-minute timer for safe and easy cooking
- Easy and precise temperature control ranging from 180 to 400 degrees
- Includes a barbeque rack, skewers, and recipes
- Eradicates the nasty oily smell of frying food at home
- Easy to clean
- 1500 watts
- The timer knob serves as an on and off power button
- It can smell of heated plastic after prolonged use
This Secura 1500 is a reasonably priced and very useful kitchen gadget. It can be used for frying, for reheating food as well as for grilling. It is easy to use and clean and features a large-sized basket which can fit some snacks or a meal for 3-4 people. The temperature ranges are 180-400, and there are so many recipes available for preparing this wonderful appliance.
Make sure you and your family start eating healthier food and pick this model to use instead of frying in a deep oil fryer or a pan which makes the house all smelly and can lead to weight gain and health problems.
GoWISE USA 3.7-Quart Programmable Air Fryer with 8 Cook Presets
If you don’t have experience with an air fryer but are willing to give it a try, the GoWISE USA 3.7 could be the greatest one, to begin with. First of all, it is very easy to use thanks to the intuitive display and the 8 convenient pre-installed cooking programs. Also, it is sold with a detailed recipe book to get you started and try out the wide variety of options this wonderful kitchen appliance offers.
It is affordable and well-made and most importantly will allow you to cook your favorite meals with limited and healthy amounts of oil and much faster than if you use an oven or deep oil fryer.
This means you will be eating much healthier food and decreasing the risks of becoming overweight or unhealthy due to the Trans fats in deep-fried food.
Yet, the meals you make in it will be as delicious as ever, so you needn’t worry about the quality of the food you eat as well as about unhappy children or partners.
- Uses very little or no oil for air frying
- Has 8 preset programs for warming, fries, steak, chicken, pork, fish, shrimps and cake
- Useful digital LCD control for picking the program, time, and temperature and to indicate when the meal is ready
- The temperature range is 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has a recipe book with 50 excellent recipes developed especially for this appliance
- The removable pan is dishwasher safe and has a safe and cool to touch handle
- A cooking timer of up to 30 minutes so you can switch it on and attend to other errands while cooking
- Automatic switch off and overheat protection as well as an automatic standby mode for your safety and for the safety of the appliance
- It doesn’t have a power button to stop it during a cooking program or to readjust the settings while it is working
You can easily and safely cook just about anything in this excellent kitchen appliance. The handy recipe book has 50 wonderful recipes to get you started, but pretty soon you will find that you are using the GoWISE USA 3.7 quart air fryer much more than you are using any other of your kitchen appliances. Forget about all the mess during and after cooking with this convenient model.
It has 8 great integrated cooking programs and also has adjustable temperature and time control via an intuitive LCD control panel. It has an auto shut off and all safety features which will prevent any damage from overheating, the food from getting burnt, and also the risk of setting a fire if you leave it on.
It is perfect and affordable which will help you cook delicious meals with much fewer calories than you are used to.
See also: Power Air Fryer Oven – Review in 2022
Philips Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat
If you want the crème de la crème, you should opt for the original air fryer from Phillips.
This amazing appliance will cook much healthier food with up to 75% less oil and fat. It provides the fastest air frying experience than sot the patented Philips starfish design. It allows for the food to be constantly exposed to the rapidly circulating heat, so that it gets cooked evenly, quickly, and with very little added fat.
In addition, there is a powerful heat source on the top of the unit which quickly makes the food crispy and golden brown on the outside and juicy and tasty on the inside.
The frying basket is large, and it is currently offered with a bonus cookbook with over 150 recipes for all kinds of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts.
The Philips air fryer is a multifunctional gadget that can also roast, grill, and bake meals so it can easily replace the need to use an oven, a toaster, a microwave or other kitchen appliances.
Also, it is very easy to clean and will emit no nasty smell or cause greasy splatters which require vigorous cleaning.
- The original air fryer is one of the top-selling models on a global basis
- Features the patented starfish technology for healthy, quick, delicious, and low-fat cooking
- Works like a hot air multicooker- it air fries, bakes, grills, and roasts
- More than 150 delicious recipes for all kinds of meals, snacks, and deserts in the cookbook included
- Comes with a free mobile app with recipes and other useful features
- Uses up to 75% less oil or fat for cooking
- Dimensions are 11.3 x 12.4 x 15.1 inches
- Adjustable temperature from 180 to 390 degrees Fahrenheit
- Air outlet openings for safe operation
- Convenient storage area for the power cord
- Quick and even cooking, with golden-brown crisping when air frying
- Easy set-up of the cooking temperature and time
- Automatic shut off and alert when the meal is ready
- Nonstick drawer and frying basket which is very easy to remove and clean up with soap water or in a dishwasher
- No odor, no fumes, and no heating up of the kitchen during the cooking
- Multifunctional, it can be used as an oven, a convector oven, a microwave, and a deep oil fryer
- 1-year limited warranty
- It is more expensive than some of the others
- You need to buy some of the useful accessories separately
The Philips original has become a standard when it comes to low-fat hot air cooking kitchen appliances. It is very sturdy and well made and is very easy to use even for newbies in air frying.
The specially patented air circulation and heating technology will cook your food evenly and promptly. You don’t need to flip over the food while it is cooking, although some recipes turn out better if you shake the unit periodically for superb results.
All you have to do is choose the temperature level and set the timer. It will do the rest and will shut down once it is done. You will be alerted by the convenient alarm once the food is ready to be served.
You don’t need to air out or clean the kitchen after cooking. The drawer and basket are very easy to clean. Just soak them in some warm soapy water, or pop them in the dishwasher and voila! No more scrubbing greasy pans and trays.
Your life will become easier if you choose to purchase a Philips air fryer. You can quickly prepare a meal and then clean up without too much effort. This may be a more expensive choice than some of the rest, but it is definitely worth the investment if you are looking for a top-quality, efficient and versatile model which cooks delicious and healthy food!
Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 QT – Turbo Cyclonic Airfryer
Want a large-sized versatile model to help cook delicious food and at the same time reduce the caloric intake of you and your family members? The Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 QT is just that. It uses cyclonic air technology which reduces the amount of oil for cooking by 80%. This means you will be lowering your calorie intake by 80% while eating the same delicious meals you have always enjoyed eating.
It is a multifunctional appliance that you can use instead of your oven, deep oil fryer, pans, convection oven, and others. This model can fry, steam, bake, and roast and grill various foods for you. This limits the energy consumption from needing to use all kinds of other appliances for cooking food and also ensures that you don’t consume too much unhealthy oil with the meals you prepare. It also limits the mess of using too many utensils and having oil splatters around the kitchen.
- It is a 6-in 1 multifunctional appliance and can air fry, roast, steam, grill, and bake
- Uses 80% less oil than for conventional frying
- Can cook a wide variety of foodstuffs and dishes, so you can use it every day
- Eliminates the mess and the need of having to clean up and wash multiple greasy appliances and utensils
- Uses an efficient turbo cyclone air technology for preparing food quickly and in a healthy manner
- The large 4-quart basket (12.8 H x 11.4W x 13.2D inches) is easy to load and has a non-stick coating
- The appliance has 7 pre-set programs and quick and easy one-touch control via the digital display (programs are for chicken, steak, fries, shrimp, roast and baked goods)
- Features a digital timer with auto shut off for the unattended and safe cooking experience
- All parts are easy to clean up and dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t heat up and has a handy grip handle
- Very easy and intuitive use and control
- Available in a larger version of 1700 watts, this one is 5.3 Quart (14.5H x 12.5W x 14.9D inches) large enough to feed 4 to 6 people
- Temperature can reach 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is quite bulky so you will need ample space for storing it or for installing it
The Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 QT is a perfect 6-in-1 kitchen appliance which can air fry, steam, bake, roast, grill any kind of food. It uses 80% less oil for frying and will help you reduce your calorie and Trans fat intake significantly.
You can use it to prepare just about any meal, without the need of other utensils and appliances. This will save time, money and a lot of cleaning involved in traditional cooking.
It is large and is perfect for 2-3 people. If you have a larger family, you may want to opt for the bigger version which can cook for 4 to 6 people. Overall we can highly recommend this easy to use and easy to clean with 7 handy preset cooking programs.
Innsky 5.8 Quart, 1700-Watt Electric Stainless Steel Air Fryer
The Innsky Air Fryer will help you shed those extra pounds without stopping you from enjoying fried chicken and fries.
It will do so easily and at a very affordable price.
The inexpensive air fryer offers fast cooking thanks to the 360-degree hot air circulating technology thanks to which you can prep your favorite fried foods with the same crunchy and mouthwatering taste but with 75% less oil, and minus all the calories and saturated fat from the oil.
This small-sized countertop air fryer has a power output of up to 1700 watts and comes with 7 useful cooking pre-sets, which will allow you to use it for baking, grilling, roasting, and preparing poultry, French fries, chicken, shrimp, cake, fish, pizza and steak with a single touch of the LED screen.
The temperature can be adjusted from 180 to 400 degrees so that you can achieve the exact temperature you want for each meal.
The frying basket is large enough to fit an average chicken.
The appliance has a nifty timer with an auto shut off so you can cook without having to oversee the process or to worry about forgetting to switch the fryer off.
- It is one of the most affordable of all air fryers on this list
- There are 7 cooking pre-set functions for air frying, baking, roasting, and grilling
- It has a large capacity of 5.8 quarts and can easily fit a chicken, which is 5-6 lbs.
- Thanks to its 360- degree air circulation technology, your food will come out delicious and crunchy without the need of using so much oil as in deep frying
- A precisely adjustable temperature of 180-400 degrees Fahrenheit
- With the help of this appliance, you can reduce your body weight as well as your cholesterol levels without having to give up your favorite fried dishes
- It has a metal interior which will not emit a plastic smell or taste
- It has a 0-12 hour timer with a shut-off function for unattended cooking
- The tray and the pans are dishwasher safe
- It comes with a recipe book with 32 new ideas for your menu
- The size of the unit is 31.4 x 37.77 x 32.38 inches, and it weighs 11.33 lbs.
- The buttons make a loud beeping sound when pressed
- It has a larger footprint than some of the other air fryers
If you want to eat healthy but delicious meals and are planning to buy an air fryer without breaking the bank, then the Innsky Air Fryer could be one of the perfect options for you.
It is easy to use, easy to wash in a dishwasher and has 7 pre-set cooking options for the most common meals.
You can use it for deep frying, for baking, roasting, or grilling.
It is an excellent appliance which can help your reduce the calories and the fat from your diet but without compromising with the delicious taste.
CalmDo Air Fryer Oven Combo 12.7 Quarts
The CalmDo Air Fryer Oven Combo is a reasonably priced, versatile kitchen appliance that can easily replace most of your other bulky and not so energy efficient cooking appliances.
The CalmDo oven has a cooking capacity of 12.7 quarts, so you can cook large meals for your family and for your friends at once, without wasting time and energy for using various appliances or cooking multiple batches.
It has three removable air flow racks so that you can cook different meals on each level at the same time.
It has 18 one-touch pre-set functions, which will allow you to use it for air frying, sautéing, baking, roasting, grilling, rotisserie, dehydrating, and reheating.
With its air fryer function, you will be able to prepare mouthwatering fries or any other deep-fried dishes, but with about 75% less fat or oil. This means that you will be eating delicious and healthy food without the excess harmful saturated fats.
The multifunctional cooking unit comes with 10 useful accessories, and with a cookbook with some interesting recipes and ideas on how to utilize the CalmDo Air Fryer to its fullest.
- It is a countertop appliance with a small footprint which can easily replace the bulkier and more expensive ovens, microwaves, and deep fryers at home
- A large capacity of 12.7 quarts
- 1500 watts
- Three levels for cooking different meals at once
- It has 18 pre-set cooking functions, so you can use it for preparing all kinds of meals, desserts, baked goods, and snacks
- The air fryer function will allow you to fry food with ¾ less fat and oil
- Thanks to the 360-degree super-heated cyclonic air, the food will be cooked evenly and faster
- A reflective stainless steel chamber for quick and even heating
- The see-through door is detachable for easy access and cleaning
- A sturdy ABS and PC housing
- An internal light so you can view the cooking process without opening the door
- Easy to access and use touch controls on top of the unit
- It comes with 10 accessories, including a rotisserie rod, a rotisserie tong, a drip tray, an oven rack, a rotisserie cage, a skewer rotisserie, two mesh trays, and a mesh basket
- It is easy to clean and has a splatter guard and drip tray
- You will receive a detailed recipe book with it
- It is FDA and ETL certified for safety
- The dimensions of the unit are 14.1 x 12.8 x 12.8 inches, and it weighs 18.76 lbs.
- It is sold at a very reasonable price
- The accessories are not dishwasher safe
The CalmoDo Combo Air Fryer and Oven is a multifunctional and affordable appliance that will save you space and money for having to use multiple large appliances.
It has 18 different pre-programmed cooking functions, so you can easily use it for prepping every single meal of the day as well as all the snacks at home.
The versatile air fryer has a large cooking capacity and comes with 10 accessories and a recipe book.
SUPER DEAL 1500W Electric Air Fryer W/Temperature Control, Timer, 8 Cooking Presets
Tired of washing the oven, all those pans, utensils, and deep oil fryers after each cooking session? Why not purchase a Super Deal 1500W Electric instead, and limit the number of utensils to wash after frying or baking?
This is a superb oil free model with 8 preinstalled smart cooking programs. You can use it to air fry, bake, roast or grill your favorite food with limited amounts of oil or no oil at all!
Not only will this save you the trouble of cleaning up the greasy and grimy mess from the cooking, but it will also help you cook much healthier meals as well.
You can make delicious meals without those extra calories which cause weight gain and a number of health problems. You can easily choose between the useful cooking programs, and then clean the basket easily in the washing machine.
- You get to enjoy delicious meals with 70-80% fewer calories
- 8 smart preinstalled cooking programs (warmup, chicken, fries, steak, meat, shrimp, fish, and cake)
- An easy to use LCD touchscreen
- Wide temperature range of 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with 10-degree increments
- Timer for up to 30 minutes and auto shut off feature for safety and convenience
- Short preheating time and fast cooking
- The fry basket and the basket holder are easy to clean
- The unit and the handle do not warm up thanks to the cool-touch technology
- Has inlets and outlets for ventilation and safe cooking
- Included recipe book
- Small dimension will allow you to place the unit anywhere (13 x 10 x 13 inches)
- The basket has a capacity of 3.7 QT (7.5 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches)
- The fryer pan has a capacity of 4.4 QT (8 x 8 x 4.6 inches)
- Convenient power and heating indicators
- No smell and no heating up of the house while frying and cooking
- 1500 Watts
- No assembly required
- Very reasonably priced
- Although it is easy to use and intuitive, the provided instructions could have been more clear and detailed
The Super Deal electric fryer is an excellent choice if you want to buy a hot air multi-cooking device and yet don’t want to break the bank. It is affordable and yet is a well-made and versatile kitchen appliance. Once you get a hang of it, you will find that you will be using it more and more, and the other kitchen appliances less.
The multifunctional tool can be used for nearly any type of cooking and warming up of meals. It is easy to operate, cooks fast, and is very easy to clean.
No more complaining hungry kids with this wonderful gadget. You just need to pop the food in the basket, spray a little bit of oil and choose the program you want to set the temperature and cooking time.
It will do all the rest. No stirring, no flipping, and no splatters of grease everywhere! The auto shut of function and the timer allow you to sit back and relax or take care of other errands while the meal is being prepared.
Don’t hesitate to try it out! It will cook delicious meals without those added calories and Trans fats, and you will soon notice how much fitter and leaner you will become!
Related article: Farberware Air Fryer Review in 2022
NUWAVE BRIO 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer
This is another air fryer that costs well under $100 but is efficient and easy to use.
It utilizes the circulating hot airflow technology, which allows for frying food but without the need for so much oil like with deep frying.
The Nuwave Brio air fryer has a capacity of 6 quarts, so you can prepare large portions and batches for the entire family quickly and without wasting energy and money.
It can easily fit 3 lbs. of French fries, 2 lbs. of chicken wings, or 4 chicken breasts at the same time.
The air fryer has a power output of 1500 watts, but the power can be adjusted from 900 watts to 1800 watts depending on your power source and needs.
It also has an adjustable cooking temperature from 100 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, which can be tweaked in 5-degree increments for precise cooking.
It comes with a non-stick pan and a baking rack, which you can use for broiling, reheating, roasting, grilling, baking, dehydrating, and of course, for air frying.
- 6 pre-set menu selections for fries, frozen fries, nuggets, steak, poultry, and fish
- A preheat and a reheat functions
- Thanks to the patented fry basket by Nuwave, the hot air will circulate throughout the entire basket for even and fast frying and cooking
- Consistent cooking temperature and precise adjustment in 5-degree increments from 100-400 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has wattage control so you can adjust it if you are using limited electricity
- It has an auto shut off in case the basket is removed
- The fry pan basket has a safe, non-stick surface for easy cleaning
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- You can get access to the NuWave Cooking Club app for hundreds of ideas and recipes
- It is 16.5 x 15.1 x 13.1 inches in size and weighs 15 lbs.
- It is inexpensive
- The printed labels on the control panel can fade over time
- The non-stick coating may start to flake over time
If you want to buy an air fryer for your weekly fried chicken nights, or in order to reduce the fat and calories in your everyday food and snack, but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a high-end brand, then this one is one of the most suitable options you can find.
The affordable and straightforward air fryer is easy to use and easy to clean.
It has a large 6 quarts capacity and has 6 useful pre-programmed settings for the most common fried, baked, or roasted meats.
You can use this versatile appliance for making all kinds of dishes instead of using your oven, stovetop, or microwave.
It has a preheat and a reheat setting too.
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer with Recipe Book, Black
The GoWISE USA 1700 watt 5.8-quart air fryer is another affordable appliance that will help you reduce the intake of harmful saturated fat, and to cut down the calories from your menu without having to eliminate your favorite fried foods from your diet.
The affordable air fryer is another multifunctional countertop kitchen appliance that you can use instead of your oven, stovetop, and grill, or microwave to prepare your meals and snacks. The GoWISE air fryer will enable you to bake, fry, roast, and grill food with minimum added oil.
It has a contemporary and user-friendly control panel, which allows you to quickly set the precise time and temperature settings for preparing chips, chicken, shrimp, steak, pork, fish, pizza, or cake with the touch of a button.
The 1700 watt device can produce a heat output of 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can choose one of the 8 preset options, or manually set the temperature in 10-degree increments.
You can also set the timer to one of the preset programs, or set it to up to 30 minutes of cooking time.
The appliance has a nifty start and stops button, which will allow you to stop and re-start the cooking process whenever you decide.
Thanks to the added shake alert, the air fryer will remind you to shake the food every 5, 10, or 15 minutes for the best results.
It has a detachable basket and a non-stick pan with a stay-cool handle for easy and safe cooking. There is a button guard which will prevent accidental spills and burns.
The air fryer comes in several size options, including 5, 5.8, and 7 quarts, and several beautiful color options.
It is also sold with a useful recipe book with over 50 ideas for delicious meals, desserts, and snacks, which you can prepare.
- It is a reasonably priced, versatile cooking appliance
- You can reduce your saturated fat intake by up to 75% with its help
- 8 preset programs for the most common foods and meals
- It can be used for frying, roasting, baking, or grilling
- Adjustable temperature from 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in 10-degree increments
- A 30-minute timer
- A stop/start option
- A 5, 10 or 15-minute shaker reminder alert
- Removable non-stick pan, which is PFOA-free and comes with a stay-cool handle
- A safety lock to prevent accidental spills
- A recipe book with 50 delicious cooking ideas
- It is available in sizes of 5, 5.8, and 7 quarts
- You can buy it in 4 pretty color options, including black, white, plum, and red
- Small footprint, suitable for small kitchens, RVs, and others
- It is sold with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- The non-stick coating of the pan can easily be scratched or damaged if you are not careful or don’t use the appropriate utensils
The GoWISE 1700 Watt 8-in-1 Air Fryer is a superb option if you want to start eating healthier food with less added fat, but still enjoy delicious meals and snacks.
It is a multifunctional and easy-to-use appliance with one-touch buttons, and preset options for the most popular foods.
The air fryer has a small footprint and is available in different color options and capacities, so there is one suitable for any kitchen and need.
It has some very nice added features, like the shake reminder, and the option to stop and start the cooking whenever you need to.
Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer, App & Alexa Control, XL 5. 8QT, 1700 Watt
If you like the convenience of having smart appliances in your home, you can add the Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer to the IoT in your home.
This appliance offers Wi-Fi connectivity so that you can connect to your home network. This will allow you to use voice commands via Alexa, Google Assistant, or the dedicated ProscenicHome app to schedule your cooking, set the temperature and timer, or choose one of the preset options through your phone.
The mobile app will also allow you to save and customize your favorite recipes and settings, so you can eliminate the hassle and guesswork of setting the cooking time and temperature individually every time.
The smart air fryer has three functions that you can use separately or together. These are menu, schedule, and keep warm. This means that you can prep the ingredients, and set the air fryer to start cooking at a chosen time, and to keep the food warm until you come home, or until your guests arrive.
With a smart cooking appliance like this, unattended cooking will be a breeze.
The mobile app compatible with the Proscenic T21 has a wide variety of options and features, which also include access to multiple online recipes, saving your own recipes, and others.
The air fryer has a capacity of 5.8 quarts and comes with a detachable basket that is made of sturdy aluminum with two layers of safe, non-stick Teflon coating.
Thanks to its rapid heat technology, and the non-stick cooking pan, you can use about 85% less oil even when you are frying chicken wings or fries with this smart cooking device. Plus, cooking will be faster, more comfortable, and cleaner than ever.
It has 8 preset cooking options, and endless possibilities to save the recipes you love, for easy setting of the time and temperature next time you decide to prepare them.
- It is a Wi-Fi enabled appliance and comes with a useful mobile app
- You can use voice commands to set it
- The mobile app will allow you to save your favorite cooking settings and recipes
- It has 8 preset cooking options for fries, shrimp, pizza, chicken, fish, cake, steak, and bacon
- It has a unique schedule function, so you can set the time when you want the cooking to start
- The other useful functions include an easy menu selection as well as a keep warm timer function
- The cooking basket is easy to detach, made of aluminum, with 2 layers of Teflon
- The air fryer uses rapid hot air to cook the food faster and with 85% less oil than in a deep fryer
- It has a 5.8 quarts capacity
- The one-touch LED panel is easy to understand and use
- It has an auto shut off function when the cooking time ends, or when the basket has been removed
- The removable basket and drawer are dishwasher safe
- It is 12 x 12 x 12.7 inches and weighs 15 lbs.
- It may be a bit of an overkill for people who are not tech-savvy and do not use smart devices
Overall, the Proscenic T21 is an excellent option if you love smart gadgets, and are used to using mobile apps or voice commands to set and operate your home appliances.
It comes with a Wi-Fi connectivity option and a useful smart app that you can use to schedule your cooking and set a suitable program. You can also save your favorite cooking settings and recipes.
The 5.8 quarts appliance has a non-stick pan and basket, which are easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
It has 8 preset programs, which are easy to select thanks to the touchscreen LED control panel
It also has some unique features for an air fryer, including the scheduling option, and the keep-warm function.
This is one of the top appliances to buy if you want to eat healthy and delicious food and to add another smart device to your IoT at home.
Air fryers are becoming increasingly popular due to the growing awareness of people about the risks of eating high-fat foods, such as deep-fried ones. Also, these hot air multicookers are very convenient to use, as most of them can be used as fryers, grills, steamers as well as for defrosting, reheating, baking, and roasting food.
The ease of use, the hassle-free and easy cleaning, and the fact that the food prepared by them is delicious and evenly cooked are other features attracting more fans of this type of cooking.
Also, they are fast and do not cause any greasy splatters and spills, as well as nasty heavy, oily smell which accompanies the use of deep oil fryers, grills, and ovens.
More producers are becoming specialized in the production of these convenient units, so it can be difficult to choose the best.
The truth is that even though they may all look quite similar, there are some features that you need to consider when picking the perfect one for your needs.
Here is a short buyer’s guide to making your choice much easier
- Cooking capacity and unit size
The sizes and capacities vary from compact to extra-large. The capacity of the food basket and pan is measured in quarts, liters, or pounds.
If you are planning to cook for 1 or 2 people, it is wiser to invest in a model with a smaller capacity. The larger ones can feed 3-4 people, and the extra-large appliances can feed more than 6 people with one cooking.
The physical size and footprint are also features to keep in mind. Makes sure that you choose one which will fit in the space allotted for it, or that you have sufficient storage space if you don’t plan to keep it on the kitchen countertop permanently.
Think about whether you are planning to use the air fryer on a daily basis or several times a week, or whether you will only be using it for certain occasions before choosing the best-sized air fryer.
- Timer and alert system
Air fryers have either analog or digital timers. Because they cook the food quite quickly, most have timers which can be set up to 30 minutes.
However, if you are planning on cooking recipes which require longer cooking time, look for an air fryer which has a timer of up to 60 minutes for uninterrupted cooking.
Analog timers may be easier to use, but often they are not as precise as digital ones.
It is recommended to get a hot air frying device which has an auto shut-off function and if possible an alert system when the cooking is done. This will keep you and the appliance safe from overheating and damage and will ensure that your food is not overcooked. An alert system will allow you to immediately proceed to serve the food after it is done
- The temperature range and setting
While most models provide a temperature range of about 200-400 degrees Fahrenheit, some have wider temperature ranges and are adjustable in smaller increments for more accurate temperature settings.
Different foods and meals require different temperature settings, so you need to make sure that the unit has easily adjustable temperature levels. The adjustment can be either analog or digital. Digital control is generally more accurate than the analog options, but units with digital temperature control can be pricier than those with analog control.
- Pre-set integrated cooking programs
Most digital models have pre-set programs for cooking different types of food. They all provide an option of the automatic selection of the cooking time and temperature for those types of foods. Others provide charts and tables with the time and temperature settings for the different recipes and types of food and cooking.
You need to choose whether you prefer the automatic settings, or whether you prefer to manually set the temperature levels and the cooking time by yourself before choosing the most appropriate brand for your needs.
Just like any other appliance which you will be using at home, you need to ensure that your choice has reliable safety features to keep you, the unit and your home safe. Pick an air fryer that is built of tested and safe materials. Also, one with an auto shut off function. Some hot air multicookers shut down when the unit starts overheating too.
Make sure that your choice has a safe cool to touch handle and additional safety buttons for keeping the food inside the basket while you are handling it.
- Easy cleaning
This is a vital feature to look for when purchasing a hot air cooking device, especially if you are planning on using it on a regular basis. Always inquire whether the food basket and other parts of the appliance are easy to disassemble and wash. You may want to opt for one which is dishwasher friendly for a hassle-free cleaning experience.
Also, verify that the basket, grill, pan, and other accessories are non-stick so that you can clean them faster and easier.
All fryers are sold with a mesh food basket, but having pans, grill racks and other accessories will make the unit much easier to use and much more versatile. Many are sold with racks, pans, tons and recipe books, so make sure you are getting the most out of the money you spend and look for one with the most and best-added accessories.
Air fryers require from 800 to 2,100 watts of power to operate. For normal use, you may not need to buy the one with the highest capacity, and you can rather choose one which is around 1500 watts instead. You must make sure that you kitchen power outlets support this type of wattage.
It is always better to put your money into an appliance that comes with a longer warranty from the manufacturer.
This will let you rest assured that you have spent your money wisely and that if something goes wrong with it, you can return it or get it repaired for free. Some producers offer a satisfaction guarantee period, which is a great option if you are not 100% certain about an air fryer and are willing to give it a try first.
Needless to say, the price range is quite wide. You should plan your budget and stick to it when you go ahead and purchase an air frying appliance. In some cases, spending more on an could be wiser, as usually higher priced units come with a handful of accessories and other bonuses such as longer warranties. The price you are willing to pay for such a kitchen appliance depends on you, but in any case, make sure that you are making a reasonable and long-term investment.
Hopefully, our guide for the purchase of the top air fryers of 2022 has helped you make up your mind about whether or not to purchase one.
Keep in mind that if you buy a good quality model, it can be used as a multicooker and thus limit the need of using all other cooking appliances at home. It is easy to use, cooks well and quickly, and most of all reduce the calories and trans fats in your fried, roasted, and grilled foods.
A good choice will help you reduce the cooking time, and will also eliminate the need of cleaning up a messy kitchen and washing endless piles of greasy pans and other utensils every time after cooking a meal.
The low-fat air fryer will help you eat a healthier diet while enjoying some of your favorite meals. It uses 70-80 times less oil for frying and cooking, but the results are simply delicious.
So, if you want to lose that extra weight and eat healthier, this is the way to go!